Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 2 Appreciation Page

Gen 2: 2006-07 
163K views 517 replies 189 participants last post by  lene3 
#1 ·
Im not hating against any of the other GENs of the ZX10R, but I love the GEN 2. I feel that us Gen 2 riders arent getting the luv we deserve. So this page is set up for all my Gen 2 riders out there. Show your GEN 2 luv and post pics of your rides. Ill kick things off. :welcome:

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
I Love the Gen 2s. Heres my current. Just bought The full TI Force form a member today, can't wait til it gets here.

You selling the Brock's pipe? LMK.

#5 · (Edited)
Here is the BigCat, I just upgraded my phone, so ima take some High Res pics later bec the colors dont come out right on my old phone.

EDIT: I do believe the color quality is much better now lol

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
I got pictures...

this was it before I did the Nissin ZX6R front caliper upgrade.

this is the Winner,taking Donkey out to Indy Moto-GP Parade lap night.(2011)
(note camera mounted to tank,video of the Parade lap is smoking)

(video click on picture) (5th gear pull on dyno)
on the dyno,09-24-11 Anderson Power Sports..stock gearing 17/41,no pc,rear tire 190/17/50 turned out 154hp this day.Dyno's are subjective,Yoshi TRC slip-ons,am pleased with these baseline numbers.

#9 ·
i was thinking the same thing. just not alot of gen 2 threads.

you dont see for sale.

u dont see them with issues.

or parts threads.

you just dont see them. that is so weird. i think gen 2 is the rare one. everyone must have bought zook or yamaha on those years and realized that they sucked and came back after 08

#12 ·
they definetly have issues,stators and valve spring retainers are the 2 that I commonly read about in here.
the 07's they changed retainers also,so they indentified that issue real fast.
I have 7k on the clock on mine and none of those issues appeared so far on mine.
they call them the wheel barrow years 06-07,but it's the only one I'd own to this day because the unique looking exhaust on them.

#17 ·
Semi recent picture.

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)

Yip she is now totalled. Put me in a coma for 3 days, and killed me 2 times in one night. I still love her. Currently sitting under a motorcycle cover waiting my decision to either save her or kill her. I just bought an R1 to build for the Yamaha show. So we are talking but not getting along right now. lol

#20 ·
It's starting to look like a gen2 smurf family reunion up in here! :heyyou: :lol: I'll put a few pix up of my black girl! These pix are from april of this year an sept. of last year. I haven't done anything new to her since last summer. 21k miles an some change on her! :helmet:

Attachments

Reactions: Wild Colonial Boy
#23 ·
#34 ·
^^^I'm guessing he had it revalved and while it was apart, he had it powdercoated...that does look sick, I think I just found my next mod...

#36 · (Edited)
Here's mine...
I get accused of loving my bike more than my family, which isn't true! It goes kids, bike, wife...lol... J/k

Reactions: ripper
#38 ·
Lol! Thanks man, it was semi professionally done. I had caboose make me some metallic charcoal decals to darken it up a bit more. Blacking out is worse than the chroming bug, you always find something else that needs to be anodized, powdercoated or painted lol! Thankfully we have long winters to mod! Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.