Gear indicator or at least 6th gear indicator? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Gear indicator or at least 6th gear indicator?

I had a GiPro w/ATRE but ended up selling it because I didn't want the TRE. However, I'd still like to have a gear indicator of some sort. In my opinion the only gears that really matter are 1st, neutral and 6th lol. 1st and neutral are obviously easy but honestly if I could have a dash light similar to the neutral green light that indicated being in 6th gear I'd be set! I hate trying to shift into 7th.

Does anything like this exist? Is it possible to make one? Has anyone had any experience with the cheap magnetic ones on eBay? I've read a little on them but no first hand opinions, especially not with the 10. Any other suggestions also welcome, thanks.

RC51. No more Kwaks :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheMallamo View Post
I had a GiPro w/ATRE but ended up selling it because I didn't want the TRE. However, I'd still like to have a gear indicator of some sort. In my opinion the only gears that really matter are 1st, neutral and 6th lol. 1st and neutral are obviously easy but honestly if I could have a dash light similar to the neutral green light that indicated being in 6th gear I'd be set! I hate trying to shift into 7th.

Does anything like this exist? Is it possible to make one? Has anyone had any experience with the cheap magnetic ones on eBay? I've read a little on them but no first hand opinions, especially not with the 10. Any other suggestions also welcome, thanks.

Did you miss my Sticky in the Performance Section? :

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41297

You can turn the TRE off and just have a Gear indicator no MESSING please read.

PS....I made my own Gear Indicator have a manual switch to run TRE or NOt....I am not sure the last time I activated it meaning I don't need or miss it.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #3 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah but for the money I decided to sell it instead of letting so much functionality go to waste. If I have no other options I could go that route though, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

A gear indicator costs $140 so the ATRE plus indicator is actually a bargain.
Accumen and Healtech electronics both make a gear indicator. I have the healTech, has ZERO lag and works/reads gear while clutch is pulled in or out. Not HUGE like the ATRE indicator either.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #5 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Yeah but for the money I decided to sell it instead of letting so much functionality go to waste. If I have no other options I could go that route though, thanks.
There's really not much function in a GiPro....you get a Gear indicator choose to fool the ECU what gear your in ALL THE TIME OR CHOOSE NOT TO FOOL AND GO and go normal mode.....not a bad price for a Gear Indicator I use to charge the same price for mine when I made them.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ohhhh you made them? Well is my idea for a 6th gear light similar to the neutral light at all possible?

Neverendingmods, I thought Healtech made the GiPro w/ATRE

post #7 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

accumen in the UK makes a good one. you have to buy the little harness and the indicator, but it is plug and play.

"The ZX-10R is capable of being perfectly docile and tractable, but few men are capable of resisting its ever-present voice urging them to just twist it and see what happens."
post #8 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

HealTech also makes just a gear indicator that simply plugs into the diagnostic port harness next to ecu. Sees what the ecu sees regarding gear position. Go on their sire and select gear indicators, it will show it.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #9 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa View Post
accumen in the UK makes a good one. you have to buy the little harness and the indicator, but it is plug and play.
Quote:
Ohhhh you made them? Well is my idea for a 6th gear light similar to the neutral light at all possible?

Neverendingmods, I thought Healtech made the GiPro w/ATRE
Yeah I use to make them and it's possible to do what you want RTM the info. is out there on the net....... RTM you will have to search around though to get that info. I haven't been active in this for awhile or interested in revisiting this at this time....sorry

Rafa....here is your Accumen against my Home Made Gear Indicator in it's first phase before production I think you will see it's a little slow.

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x34/zx-10r_album/?action=view¤t=gearindicator.mp4

bloo

post #10 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That looks good bloo. I'm sure if you can make it members here would hit you up on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in