Fuse/Relay/Wiring Issue - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-15-2018, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Fuse/Relay/Wiring Issue

Plate light went out on my hot bodies under tail. Ordered new single LED bulb. Took tail section apart and tested the light to find it not working. Also noticed my Bazzaz tuner is no longer lighting up when I turn ignition on, attempt to start bike and it wont start. If I touch the positive cable from my license plate light to the positive side of my battery, the bike starts right up. So I am able to backfeed power into the system. I checked the 2 fuses under the seat (15a Fan, and 10a meter) those are good. Checked main 30a fuses coming off battery, those are good. Besides the main fuse box located on the left side of the bike (when sitting on it) is there anything else I should check? I already ordered a new fuse box, hoping that solves this problem. Appreciate any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-15-2018, 09:22 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Dude i almost could bet my life on someone here being able to help but that requires your help. Need to know year and model of your bike. Pics of wiring etc and its all cake from there
post #3 of 6 Old 12-15-2018, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedsocal13 View Post
Dude i almost could bet my life on someone here being able to help but that requires your help. Need to know year and model of your bike. Pics of wiring etc and its all cake from there
My bad. Forum newb mistake Bike is a 2011 ZX10r. Never had any problems with it until this silly plate light. I am really thinking I accidently fried something while shuffling wires under the seat. I am at work now but can get some pictures later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Its cool. You just need to find a wire that only powers on with the key the service manual for your bike is posted on here so use the search and if u dont own one go get a cheap multimeter. Have u checked the normal tail light wires for power usinh a meter
post #5 of 6 Old 12-15-2018, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

there is no power going to the blinkers, or running lights. When I pull the brake, the brake light goes off. The small center LED on the front does not work either.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-15-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Got home and was searching the service manual. Found another fuse box in the front of the bike. 10a blown fuse, problem fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in