Finding the truth weight of 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R - Page 19 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 31Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 197 Old 12-25-2015, 04:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Disregard, I found it, simply typed "shervin hole in frame" in Google and it came right up.

Check out the Shervin ZX10R engineering in this link, Pretty amazing! He even drilled holes in his license plate to further reduce the truth weight. Never seen that before, that's clever.

ZX-10R Owner Modifies His Bike, Making his Own Exhaust and Cutting Holes in the Frame - Motorcycle.com News
Attached Images

Big Daddy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 197 Old 12-25-2015, 04:35 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShervinRRR View Post
Just reminding every one, If you are looking for the actual truth information, Wikipedia is not the source. Wikipedia articles are mostly made by several other sources which is absolutely fine. The problem is Wikipedia does not do an actual investigation on the information provided to test if it is right or wrong.
In my opinion, Wikipedia is a good online source that gives you some idea about a subject; even though there are correct information on Wikipedia but there are also wrong information in the articles which can cause damage/problem. I recommend using sources that there is an Actual Person or Existing Team do take responsibility of providing the correct information.
just give us the truth weight and nuthin but the truth, good thing your last name isn't wikipedia cuz then yutes gotz truthism on your side.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #183 of 197 Old 12-26-2015, 12:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Shervin, you caught me, LOL!!! My bike is a 49-state model. Yes I pulled the rear fender off! AND.... I have a shorai lithium battery. CHEATER!! HA!!!
To measure the weight, I use two cheap walmart bathroom scales that go up to 300lbs each. I place one wheel on each scale, and bam, I have instant weight bias info. I use them to set up dirt bikes mostly.

A 1st Gen Ten will eat the hearts of grown men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 197 Old 12-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Shervin, did/do you use this truth weight for anything or was it just the thirst for truth that drove/drives you. 3-10lbs is pretty trivial in the real world, actual use of a motorcycle.

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount
post #185 of 197 Old 12-26-2015, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShervinRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
Shervin, you caught me, LOL!!! My bike is a 49-state model. Yes I pulled the rear fender off! AND.... I have a shorai lithium battery. CHEATER!! HA!!!
To measure the weight, I use two cheap walmart bathroom scales that go up to 300lbs each. I place one wheel on each scale, and bam, I have instant weight bias info. I use them to set up dirt bikes mostly.
You know what is so interesting??!! The fact that the other day i was about to complete my last post by mentioning my estimate weight number opinion more specific but my lap top finished its battery (it only last less than 1 hour and 30 minutes now; It used to be 4 hours with no problem). Today, i just wanted to update the last post but since you already passed me on posting :), i will mention it right here right now! I was going to guess that in my opinion, your bike all stock with just Muzzy difference that you mention should weights 429.25lbs = 195.11kg (-/+ 3lbs) with rear license plate assembly and 428.25lbs = 194.66kg (-/+3lbs) without rear license plate assembly (oil must be 10-40 and tires suppose to be Dunlop 190/50) and 4.5 gallon of gas but my lap top battery went out.
I was wrong about the European version part, your bike is the US and Canada version and other than supporting your statment on that regard, i also verify that. If i could get a better picture of your bike, i wouldn't guess it wrong in the first place unless it was modified to European look.
If your new battery weights 2lbs, i estimate that your bike today -with Muzzy and without lisence plate and with Dunlop tires and 10-40 oil and 4.5 gallon gasoline-should weight 427.25lbs=194.20kg (-/+ 3lbs=1.36kg); You mentioned 425Lbs=193.18kg and I believe that is actual accurate weight of your bike.

Thank your for your post, information, and your honesty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal11 View Post
Shervin, did/do you use this truth weight for anything or was it just the thirst for truth that drove/drives you. 3-10lbs is pretty trivial in the real world, actual use of a motorcycle.
It was some for the thirst for the truth but mainly to find my start line and measure my changes on the bike.
In addition, also to understand with considering mechaical systems and their duties, what material the manufacturer used or method provided to meet safety and quality in their parts and what method they used to save or i should say shave weight from older known materials AND to find my start line and measure my changes on the bike.

3-10lbs is A LOT in real world for motorcycles in this class. You might not feel the weight because it is the state of art of engineering of several engineers, workers, designers, technicians, testers, riders, others, and several attempts to keep the total weight and most importantly central weight point as low as possible. The reason that newer bikes such as ZX-10R generation 3 and after feels lighter for the rider is becasue the central weight is lower and that is very hard to maintain for manufactorer and it is really the race of might and inteligent to see differernt methods that different manufactorers and manufactories use to accomplish that goal.
In my opinion, Central Weight Point is more important than total weight; Not only in mobile objects but also in stationary objects as well.

In a safe area do this test:
Place a 3lbs dumbbelle and fasten it securely at the top and rear of the sub-frame. You will feel the difference the moment you move the bike.

Last edited by ShervinRRR; 01-02-2016 at 03:45 AM.
post #186 of 197 Old 12-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Gas weighs 6.3 lbs per gallon, and I can tell the difference between a full tank and half a tank (2 gal aka 12lbs less). I cant tell how much gas is in the bike by just moving it though. I have to measure to be certain.

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount
post #187 of 197 Old 12-27-2015, 02:15 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Are shervin & scout buds??

BD

Silverslk likes this.

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #188 of 197 Old 12-28-2015, 02:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

At the end of the day does it really matter that much?
You would struggle to notice the difference of a few pound anyway.
I made my old gen 1 lightweight by removing excess brackets and parts etc.
I managed to save a fair amount of weight but it didnt improve my lap times at all from what i could tell.
I think it was because the lighter the gen 1 the more lairy and wheelie prone it made it so wasnt helping things. It might help drag strip times if you can keep front wheel down that is.
post #189 of 197 Old 12-28-2015, 09:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I think that when u try to save weight from ur bike it has fun too. Not only the lap times and drag strip times that counts

Gen3 : Arata full exhaust , KN air filter , 520 DID Renthal , oem Ecu converted to Race Kawasaki Ecu , milled ported head , Kent camshafts , lowered , Pk shifter , 14k rev limiter . Ecu tuned by TRE ( mr Balogiannis)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsF4A1k_ew
post #190 of 197 Old 12-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Best way to lighten up a Gen 1 is to put some helium in the tires! ;) :p
Big Daddy and theatiss like this.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in