Finding the truth weight of 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R - Page 16 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 197 Old 05-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

This threat is the best read of the summer. Drama, action, death, and comedy rolled all into a great read.

'06 CBR 600RR Retired
'05 CBR 1000RR Retired
Gen 4 ZX10R Black De-Badged, Flashed, Competition Wereks Exhaust, PCV, K&N Race Filter, 1/5 Riflemans insert, Afam sprockets 16t front 41t rear, Zero Gravity Windscreen, Yoshimura Fender Eliminator,Vortex Frame Sliders, Luimoto Monster Edition Seat Covers With Gel Inserts, Beloved by All, Rode Hard Put Up Wet Daily.

186 WHP Dynoed 07.12.14 Blias Cycles Dania FL.

The person thats says it can't be done should not interupt the person doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 197 Old 05-10-2015, 07:19 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

thread, lol

And who's the dork that called me shervin? omg! He doesn't even run spell check!
post #153 of 197 Old 05-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
thread, lol

And who's the dork that called me shervin? omg! He doesn't even run spell check!
I think many have it's not a Spell check problem though when your compared it's something else. just messing with you Scout Happy Mothers day.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 197 Old 05-10-2015, 07:29 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
I think many have it's not a Spell check problem though when your compared it's something else. just messing with you Scout Happy Mothers day.
you're! lol!

you guys have good weather there but fookin cold down here, especially in the mornings. Still I rode the today but went back into winter gear, which means wore one extra layer of kevlar. lol
post #155 of 197 Old 05-11-2015, 12:53 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
This thread is as epic as "War and Piece"
I must way my bike with no air in the tyres!now I no how to get down below 170kg
MrMoto73 likes this.
post #156 of 197 Old 11-28-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShervinRRR
EEzz-rider, Thank you being positive, brave, and kind. God bless all your loved ones and you. Stay safe.

JLG0987, your questions about
Why dry weight AND
why not wet weight minus fuel that you think trusty number considering there's less margin of error.

That is an excellent and valuable question you are asking because it can be a question for others.
In my opinion dry weight is more important than curb(wet) weight because you might come up with a lighter oil or a lighter coolant solution or even create a method to use half amount of proper amount of engine oil and still provide the same lubrication, coolant, detergent, and sealing property with current amount. Not to make it complicated, the dry weight remains the same unless you add or remove parts of the bike but the curb weight absolutely varies unless it is specified what brand of what year of what model of fluids where used.
Dry weight is also important when it come to transportation and shipping purposes. One bike might not count for you but 100 bikes would. Just imagine by going from curb to dry you save 50lbs then in 100 bikes you save 5000lbs. Even 10 bikes you save 500lbs. Do you know the true definition of 500lbs?! Just Imagine a babygirl who is 500lbs drops on you!!

Feanor,

I liked the women silhouette on Helicopter pictures on post #125. The Person(s) who drew those images is/are an Artist(s)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
I once asked a girl at a bar how much she weighed, wet... It hurt... alot...

I mean, you can't ask a girl what her dry weight is, that would be rude!
If I ever go to a bar and want to ask a woman's weight, I make sure I would ask her how much she weights without being wet;
And if she asks why?
I would tell her:
Because, with respect, I want to make you wet myself!
Shervin Asemani

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjunkie View Post
Wonder if this guy died yet
Not yet but he will; Don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEBOX View Post
Shervin, how do you total 17 vehicles, 1000 minor incidents and 100 tickets and still be able to have an insurance company/ license?

This is the best advise you could give.
I truly attempt to drive safe and properly. I have a few major accidents and a few minor ones and I got more than 1 ticket. By fatal I meant total or major not an actual Fatal or death (God for bed!) I never had any fatal accident in my life even an accident that cause someone hurt. In all those 17 total there was damage to myself.
If I want to advise you truly, I would advise you to drive with the speed that is marked drive more carefully and definitely not fast. Fast is not a number; fast is a speed that is higher that can be controlled with amount of traffic, vehicle space, road width, road conditions, road surrounding, road slope, and other details. Do not drink and drive, Do not drive if and when you are sleepy. Do not drive -or operate any machine- more than 12 hours (in some vehicles/machines there is an actual limit for that category). Do not allow that your emotions take effect over your proper effect. Drink a bit of water every 2 hours even if you don't feel thirsty, stop every 4 hours to exercise outside of the vehicle, and avoid to react or even bother to/from disturbing drivers behavior. If someone hunk take your windows high; If someone in rear keep playing with her hair place your rear mirror in night vision, if someone next to you plays drums with his steering wheel don't even look at him, if someone keep caughting you off change the lane or just pull over and let that driver pass and if that driver/vehicle does not leave you alone or you feel that way call emergency police immediately. Make sure your vehicle is safe to operate in every level, check your dashboard/panel gages every 2 minutes, and pay attention to any behavior from your vehicle.

abzx10r,
Your 3rd generation holds 4.5 gallon fuel with no problem. If the gas tank has been dented and then bondo without pulling the dent out or the gas tank is not exactly empty, that is the reason not to hold the maximum capacity.

5,454,675.542554554554097954219865 pounds is actually not heavy enough for me to recognize or understand. Once upon time, I was calculating solar system Planet weights and other numbers such as distance from one side of milky way to other side and the numbers where beyond regular understanding -such numbers with over 30 zeros in front of a number-. I defined, recognized, and understood those numbers after a few calculations. Your number was not high but the True line EXACT measure for your number is truly hard (because of numbers after point).
The number you posted is about the weight of 42,000 average adults or 84,000 average kids standing on a scale; We can call it Shervin's Scale :).

Ripped10R, (Please forgive me that for text limitation reasons I did not Quote your valuable post in this post)

Nice Post Ridded10R! To measure wet weight it does not matter that liquids are hot or cold because their weight are the same; what changes when temperature changes is state of matter and/or capacity and sometimes it changes to another matter that can not be retrieved. Remember the question 1kg (or 1 lbs) Steel is heavier or 1kg (or 1lbs) Cotton??
The answer is they both weight the same as 1kg (or 1 lbs). What is different is their volume.

I admire and support your intelligence and attempt.

greenman43! (Please forgive me that for text limitation reasons I did not Quote your valuable post in this post)

Draining your brake fluid is not hard and is in fact easy. It is just a matter of opening brake calipers bolts and the lines connected to it. You don't even need to uninstall any lines or even the reservoir from your bike. Drain the brake fluid inside a bowl first and then a close container and give that to your local environment friendly waste hazardous recycler. If you have never done it, in your day off or Sunday, use protection for your hand and eyes and mouth and nose (for breath) and do it and after you are done install the caliper, tighten the bolts, and add brand new brake fluid to the bike and do the bleeding procedure. Use safety precautions by checking safety precautions regarding brake jobs.
You do it once and you will do it annually.
I am interested in those numbers.

Elb Racing!

I smiled deeply just reading your post!

And I have a message to all engineers,
With all respect to all of you, I just want to remind you anyone (man or woman) can wear a suit, sun glasses, have a calculator, and measure numbers. The difference between an engineer and a normal mechanic or worker is that engineer can SEE the problem without seeing it or opening a system. By SEE I don't mean actual see sight, I mean mental vision based on knowledge and experience. Sometimes what you see is not exactly what it is and sometimes when you see a number might be off or low or high, you should investigate a bit deeply and if a person, a worker, even recognized uneducated, keeps telling you about a possible problem, you should hear him/her out and investige that. Fireman69 bike was not secured on jackstand; it was secured on rear stand which was not on the scale. All he did just bent the rear stand until rear wheel sat on the scale and secured the bike from falling by allowing it to rest on his body and took the picture. If you think -that with holding the bike from falling and not measuring that in the weight number- you still get the total weight, I believe you are not an engineer or you forget or not paying attention. Forget the bike weight for a second. Many times problems that seems easy to pass are not exactly easy. That old pipe that already has 50 years of age, that valve that shakes a bit when turning, that ship that moves to the right a bit (very slightly), that dam that vibrates a bit, that earthquake gauge that shows some abnormal signs, that tunnel that makes strange noises, that air craft part(s) that does not show any sign of damage but according to paper should be changed (not 1 but all of which), that house that has a paint peeling or deshaped wall on one side, that elevator that needs its hydraulics flushed each 2 years, that escalator that works with a flaw, requires your attention and a thoroughly investigation!!!!!!! IF it is a time for a check up, if it is a time for service, if the positive life has been reached, if the paper suggest a step, you should take that step, and change that old bolt/nut/pipe, and do that service/flush, and do that check up, and measure that sign/vibration/noise and investigate that by different sources because many times there is a big problem underneath that you don't see right away and by solving that you would save lives and large amount of assets at different kinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one of the members who claimed to be an engineer View Post
I'm glad you understood my words put together.

I'm an engineer. You're not. SHOCKING!
Yes, You are right! You are an engineer and I am not, and THAT IS Shocking!!!!!

I also want to mention that I appreciate all positive informative comments from producers, bike enthusiasts, and engineers.

Last edited by ShervinRRR; 01-04-2016 at 05:07 AM.
post #157 of 197 Old 11-28-2015, 12:09 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

oh FF sakes man do you ride it without coolant, oil,(doesn't apply to scout) fork oil, brake fluid, battery fluid?? really??

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #158 of 197 Old 12-02-2015, 02:15 AM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Mio dio! Mia moto e una vacca grasso!

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #159 of 197 Old 12-02-2015, 08:22 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShervinRRR View Post
And I have a message to all engineers,
With all respect to all of you, I just want to remind you anyone (man or woman) can wear a suit, sun glasses, have a calculator, and measure numbers. The difference between an engineer and a normal mechanic or worker is that engineer can SEE the problem without seeing it or opening a system. By SEE I don't mean actual see sight, I mean mental vision based on knowledge and experience. Sometimes what you see is not exactly what it is and sometimes when you see a number might be off or low or high, you should investigate a bit deeply and if an average worker keep telling you about a possible problem, you should hear him out and investige that. Fireman69 was not secure on jackstand; it was secure on rear stand which was not on the scale. All he did just bent the rear stand until rear wheel sits on the scale and secure the bike from falling by allowing it to rest on his body and took the picture. If you think that with holding the bike from falling and not measuring that in the weight number, you still get the total weight, I believe you are not an engineer or you forget or not paying attention. Forget the bike weight for a second. Many times problems that seems easy to pass are not exactly easy. That old pipe that already has 50 years of age, that valve that shakes a bit when turning, that ship that moves to the right a bit (very slightly), that dam that vaibrates a bit, that earthquake gage that shows some abnormal signs, that tunnel that makes strange noises, that air craft part(s) that does not show any sign of damage but according to paper should be change (not 1 but all of which), that house that has a paint peeling or unleveled wall on one side, that elevator or escalator that works with a flaw, requires your attention and a thoroughly investigation!!!!!!! IF it is a time for a check up, if it is a time for service, if the positive life has been passed, if the paper suggest a step, you should take that step, and change that old bolt/nut/pipe, and do that service, and do that check up, and measure that sign/vibration/noise and investigate that by different sources because many times there is a big problem underneath that you don't see right away and by solving that you would save lives and large amount of assets at different kinds.

Yes, You are right! You are an engineer and I am not and THAT IS Shocking!!!!!

I also want to mention that I appreciate all positive informative comments from producers, bike enthusiasts, and engineers. I truly do.
This is what I imagine Shervin looks like after posting on here....

JUICEBOX and Animal11 like this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #160 of 197 Old 12-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Too lazy (and scared) to read this whole thread. Scared it will be waste of time like Scouts engine thread... any useful info in here or can I sleep well tonight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in