Exhaust systems - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Exhaust systems

Ok Im new to this forum thing. So here we go. I have a 08 zx10r and I put on a M4 slip on exhaust (Had shop do it). When putting this exhaust on did they remove the CAT. I have read that the CAT is built into the end of the headers. So the only why to get rid of CAT is to cut out or change the headers. Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 01-31-2010, 01:53 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

1 why the he'll did you have a shop do it? It takes like 30-45 minutes. 2nd no it doesn't get rid of the cat in the header. You'd have to get a aftermarket header or cut open the stocker. Also I don't believe the m4 slip gets rid of the pre box. You'd have to get a link pipe. Also you should get a pc or bazzaz to remap the fuel because you are definitely down on power.

post #3 of 29 Old 01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ronnulph
Yep the Cats are in the two pipes right before the final Y-pipe. I hope the install was free because that was a definitely an easy DIY project.

08 ZX10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 01-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm getting the Full system because it replaces the entire header back system, the slip on is the part on back of tail, adds lot of power, but last little bit is in the removal of cat. Tuning from something like powercommander is really only going be alot and worth expense if your going to be using it for daily use etc. IE you should do couple mods, like free up air intake, and exhaust before you really go hunting for more in ECU box...

The attitude of my bike is worth the weight
post #5 of 29 Old 01-31-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

i would love to do a full system with the Power Comander. But I live in the North east and NH and MA are passing all these laws. NH is pass a noise law and MA is putting a emmison law in effect soon. So Im going to keep stock headers and just deal with the nice sound of my M4 slip on.
post #6 of 29 Old 02-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider021 View Post
i would love to do a full system with the Power Comander. But I live in the North east and NH and MA are passing all these laws. NH is pass a noise law and MA is putting a emmison law in effect soon. So Im going to keep stock headers and just deal with the nice sound of my M4 slip on.
I have Acrapovic slipon with linkpipe do i have to mount PC3 or can i have it org?

Mike
post #7 of 29 Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

You do not need a pc3. You should be able to run any slipon. You will loose no power. You will probably get a little more power with the pc3. I run a M4 slipon exhaust without any problems.
post #8 of 29 Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg0987 View Post
1 why the he'll did you have a shop do it? It takes like 30-45 minutes. 2nd no it doesn't get rid of the cat in the header. You'd have to get a aftermarket header or cut open the stocker. Also I don't believe the m4 slip gets rid of the pre box. You'd have to get a link pipe. Also you should get a pc or bazzaz to remap the fuel because you are definitely down on power.

I got an Akropovic link pipe and put it on myself. It's pretty easy.
post #9 of 29 Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg0987 View Post

YES the M4 does get rid of the boom box.... I had one on my bike before I got the LOR.... also there is no need to cut open the stock pipes all you need is a long drill bit to reach inside the pipes and drill out the CATs......

post #10 of 29 Old 02-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Technically if you keep the old stock pipes for emissions testing the feds will never know, and sound is only going to go over the limit of about 6k, you can not be tagged over legal limit which is usually 102db, some states as high as 105db... However exp popo's will look for your cats and can still be caught over a casual stop. If you ride like a maniac just go with a slip on...

The attitude of my bike is worth the weight

Last edited by Aris08; 02-15-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: corrections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in