Gen 4: 2011-2015 C3L1CA's Street/Strip Wanna Be Build Thread - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 243 Old 10-14-2014, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED View Post
Hell ya man! Congrats on that 8 second pass. That's awesome.

Love that rolling shot, and nice kill with the Chevelle :)
Thanks!! You going out any more this year to try and get that 8 second pass?

I was looking at the few videos I had from my gopro and my friend took. Videos aren't all that great but try to upload them in the next day or two to keep me busy. Did get a funny screen shot out of one of the videos though lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 243 Old 10-14-2014, 04:14 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

^That's a wicked shot lol! Saw the video you uploaded today with a CBR, that was a nice wheelie lol.

Going to try again for this weekend, but the weather has been shit the past 2 months here. It sucks.

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #43 of 243 Old 10-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

First time I've seen this thread. Congrats on the 8 second passes. Im hoping to make it out to BIR one of these days, but I prefer the road course over the strip.

Next spring, I'm hoping to get the bike tuned because its running lean and the power seems lower then it should be. Had the dyno break-in done at Boni motorsports and the dyno pull afterwards was a bit on the low side. I think it was around 157hp at 12k rpms. I dont think the last 2k rpm's would have seen that typical 175-180hp that we normally see. Bike had ECU flash, link pipe and akra exhaust on it at 0 miles for dyno break-in.

I will have to catch up with you some time at BIR next summer (if we ever get one with this weather).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 243 Old 10-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice numbers Brad!
post #45 of 243 Old 10-15-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED View Post
^That's a wicked shot lol! Saw the video you uploaded today with a CBR, that was a nice wheelie lol.

Going to try again for this weekend, but the weather has been shit the past 2 months here. It sucks.
Thanks! Lol I was kind of bummed I let it come down so hard. I did the same thing two weeks ago at the same track but was able to ride it out and let it come down nice and smooth.

Good luck when you do go back to the track, always nice to have a little colder temps when going racing, as long as the track hooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_freak91 View Post
First time I've seen this thread. Congrats on the 8 second passes. Im hoping to make it out to BIR one of these days, but I prefer the road course over the strip.

Next spring, I'm hoping to get the bike tuned because its running lean and the power seems lower then it should be. Had the dyno break-in done at Boni motorsports and the dyno pull afterwards was a bit on the low side. I think it was around 157hp at 12k rpms. I dont think the last 2k rpm's would have seen that typical 175-180hp that we normally see. Bike had ECU flash, link pipe and akra exhaust on it at 0 miles for dyno break-in.

I will have to catch up with you some time at BIR next summer (if we ever get one with this weather).
Thank you! I think I would love to road race it but it seems like its a lot more expensive and kind of wrecks street riding from a few buddies who have gotten into racing.

Yea that does seem a bit low for those mods. I thought John and Cass made mid 180's on St. Boni's dyno with very similar mods. Guess those were numbers after being tuned which probably helped a bit. I'd be curious to see what you make after being tuned in the spring. I kind of want to throw mine back on the dyno with a clean air filter and the tune from the autotune and see if I picked up any power.

I usually only head up to BIR for the Proving Grounds event, if you're up there definitely share a beer and zx10 stories lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_ZX10R View Post
Nice numbers Brad!
Thanks John! Too bad we never got the chance to go for a ride this year
post #46 of 243 Old 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
Thank you! I think I would love to road race it but it seems like its a lot more expensive and kind of wrecks street riding from a few buddies who have gotten into racing.
Yeah I have done a few track days and one race weekend on my gsxr600. I went from putting 8k miles on my bike a year down to less then 1k miles a year after going on the track. It isnt the same anymore after the rush of the track. I just about decided to sell it and not buy another bike but the wife wouldnt let me. So, I bought a zx-10r and gave the 600 to her. It has brought some enjoyment back into riding on the streets, but now I constantly stress about her riding.

John and Cassidy are also partially to blame for me buying the zx-10r...

Anyways, back on topic... Looking to see some faster runs next year!
post #47 of 243 Old 10-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Thanks John! Too bad we never got the chance to go for a ride this year
Well that's because your too busy taking pictures of the beast and running at the drag strip every weekend
post #48 of 243 Old 10-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I have done a few track days and one race weekend on my gsxr600. I went from putting 8k miles on my bike a year down to less then 1k miles a year after going on the track. It isnt the same anymore after the rush of the track. I just about decided to sell it and not buy another bike but the wife wouldnt let me. So, I bought a zx-10r and gave the 600 to her. It has brought some enjoyment back into riding on the streets, but now I constantly stress about her riding.

Like Jeff.... He said he only wants to do track now.
post #49 of 243 Old 10-17-2014, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Thats the kind of thing I'd be nervous about that same thing happening. I think even with just getting a little older I think a lot more about what would happen if I went down doing some of the stupid shit I've done on the street.

Cool to have your wife into riding too! Hope to find one like that someday lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_ZX10R View Post
Like Jeff.... He said he only wants to do track now.
I'll stay stretched and on a drag radial when riding with Jeff so I have an excuse why I can't keep up lol.

I think that's two people now that can blame you and Cass for getting a zx10. When you guys made about the same power on pump gas as my r1 on a 40 shot and every bolt on I could buy, it just seemed silly not to get one if I ever got a new bike

Fastest video I got from last weekend. Thought it had the video from the swing arm on this video but I guess I fail at editing/saving videos lol
post #50 of 243 Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ordered a couple goodies over the winter and got around to installing my Catalyst drag seat. I thought it would've taken me a few minutes to drill a couple holes with a dremel and bolt it on. Several hours later I got it where I'm pretty happy with it. I'm using the two back bolt locations on the seat (where the bolts where the side tail fairings bolt) then just using velcro on the bottom of the seat and on the gas tank mount as a front mount.

Also had to sand down the back a bit to be able to get the passenger seat on and off.

Saved a little less than a 1lb with seat an lowered the seat about 1" over the stock one.

Also think I figured out how to mount my Powercommander screen so I can watch my A/F ratio while doing pulls or while on the track if I can look down at it. I'll run the wire when its torn apart for installing some velocity stacks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in