Gen 4: 2011-2015 C3L1CA's Street/Strip Wanna Be Build Thread - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 243 Old 09-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Nice work!

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 243 Old 09-29-2014, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersdiscount View Post
Nice work!
Thanks! And thanks for the hook up on all the parts, everybody should order from Mike, great deals and stupid fast shipping!
post #33 of 243 Old 09-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
Thanks! And thanks for the hook up on all the parts, everybody should order from Mike, great deals and stupid fast shipping!

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 243 Old 09-30-2014, 09:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I had no change in performance either man with the Mr12 pour in. Going to get a map selector and do a tune with it for next season. Only thing I noticed was better throttle response.

Did you do pump gas runs at all that day? Then took out the pump and ran mr12?

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #35 of 243 Old 10-01-2014, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED View Post
I had no change in performance either man with the Mr12 pour in. Going to get a map selector and do a tune with it for next season. Only thing I noticed was better throttle response.

Did you do pump gas runs at all that day? Then took out the pump and ran mr12?
When I looked at the logs my autotune added a good amount of fuel on top of my 87 map. I could post up my before and after map numbers if you'd want.

I didn't run any pump gas through it that day at the track, but I do like that idea to run both gases to see if it actually increased trap speed or helped et. I'll have to try that next time I go to the track

Ordered up a cycle concepts clutch on Monday but don't think I'll be able to make it out to a track this weekend due to other plans. I do plan on going to the track on the 11th or 12th though. And if that doesn't go well there is one on the 18th down in Iowa that I could always make if it doesn't snow by then lol.

Might try dropping the forks a bit more since it looks stock with the low profile front tire and fender lowered without strapped. If it's strapped pretty hard it looks pretty good/low. Think the lower the better for launching.

I think I'm going to try a different launching technique next time too. I've been slipping the clutch just a hair and using my feet to hold the bike back then launching. Might try a few launching with my feet back and try to get more weight over the front since I have the air shifter I don't have to worry about getting my feet up right away.

Last edited by C3L1CA; 04-10-2015 at 09:17 AM.
post #36 of 243 Old 10-01-2014, 07:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

^Oh you were running autotune. I went from 12.9-13.1 afr to 13.5+AFR with the Mr12 in.

Good luck again man. Look forward to seeing the new results.

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #37 of 243 Old 10-09-2014, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

^Thanks, hopefully can improve on the time a bit!

Tried installing my Cycle Concepts clutch last night. By the time I got done it was too late to start it up and make sure everything worked. I'll try starting it as soon as I get home from work today and I'm crossing my fingers it's good to go.

Stock it seemed to have two 2.2mm steels and the rest 2.9mm in it vs the clutch kit I got was one 2.6mm and the rest were 2.9mm. When I put the new plates/fibers together outside of the basket they measured out to 53.6mm, so I think I'm good to go. At least I hope so.

Also got some Yoshi mirror block off from Riders Discount for a calendar photoshoot I was able to get in.

]

As long as the clutch works I plan on going back to the track on Saturday and hope for another personal best.

Edit: Clutch seems to work just fine.

Most of the steels were pretty burnt up and beat looking and so were the fibers

I think this might be clutch material?

Good thing I changed out the oil and got some nice Motul 7100 in there!

Nice tools makes everything easier. I got these clutch pick tools from Schnitz a few years ago when I had my r1. The pick is nice to get the fibers out and the other end is a magnet to it pulls the steels out nice and easy too.

Last edited by C3L1CA; 04-10-2015 at 09:17 AM.
post #38 of 243 Old 10-10-2014, 06:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

^My clutch looked similar when I changed it lol

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #39 of 243 Old 10-13-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Made it out to the local track on Saturday and clutch worked great! It was a test and tune day so racing started around 9 and ended around 4:40ish. All the cars left early but the few bikes stuck it out till the end and I'm glad I did

Ended up hooking after dumping the clutch a little too quick on one run and sent the thing straight to the sky lol

Was pretty much stuck in the 9.0 range for a good chunk of the day. Towards the end I tried a different technique of laying on the tank more with my feet behind me and it worked a lot better for me. First pass with that it cracked off a 8.99. 2nd pass it did 8.98 to back it up and the 3rd pass it was too low on gas and bucked on the launch lol.

I yelled a big yaaaaaaahooooooooo when I got my slip and did a uncoordinated dance on the bike on the way back to the pits lol.

With some mr12 left and not wanting to waste it, bike tried to find a race and found one with some chevelle that beats liter bike all the time...

Cleaned it up the next day and a buddy did a little photoshoot with it and then had another buddy doing rolling shots

Bike is now in storage at a buddys place about a hour and a half away. Might get a drag shock over the winter depending how much I can be a hermit and save money. Also going to try and lose 15lbs over the winter, rather get rid of my gut than spend money taking weight off the bike lol

Let me know if the pictures are too big and I can save them and upload them to photobucket or something. Just stole the url's from facebook

Last edited by C3L1CA; 04-10-2015 at 09:18 AM.
post #40 of 243 Old 10-13-2014, 07:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Hell ya man! Congrats on that 8 second pass. That's awesome.

Love that rolling shot, and nice kill with the Chevelle :)

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in