Gen 4: 2011-2015 C3L1CA's Street/Strip Wanna Be Build Thread - Page 23 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 241 Old 04-16-2019, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

^Very interesting and that makes sense! I had my injectors cleaned in January of '18 as I remember the guy called to talk to me about my stuck shut injector when I was still in the hospital after my little guy was born. He went through the injector and got them all flowing the same. I dropped off my injectors last night with the local guy, just to be sure they are a 100% :)

Also picked up my exhaust header pipes and muffler from getting the wideband bungs welded on. Hope it to get a good tune in it with all 4 cylinders from the muffler like normal with the BMC race filter and get some draggy times. Then I want to swap in the MWR WSBK filter and start tuning by cylinder.

Hopefully can get out in the garage a bit tonight. Kind of want to get the side winder on but we'll see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 241 Old 04-16-2019, 12:46 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Its not possible to adjust flow on any Bosch bike injector. If there now miraculously flowing equal he has matched them, ie swapped some of yours with other sets, and he will have charged you appropriately, but if he hasn't, I'm sorry But that's not right what has telling you. Very rarely will you get more than 2 in a set flowing the same, if your using good equipment. Gaz knows a good guy over there maybe he can help.
post #223 of 241 Old 04-16-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
Its not possible to adjust flow on any Bosch bike injector. If there now miraculously flowing equal he has matched them, ie swapped some of yours with other sets, and he will have charged you appropriately, but if he hasn't, I'm sorry But that's not right what has telling you. Very rarely will you get more than 2 in a set flowing the same, if your using good equipment. Gaz knows a good guy over there maybe he can help.
Man I don't know where the sheet is that he sent that had the flows, maybe I'll get time to find it but I think the new guy will give me a sheet too. I don't think they all flowed exactly the same but I remember them being pretty darn close to the 330cc mark. Close enough that at that time I didn't think twice about putting them back in a certain way. I know he replaced some filters but did nothing to change the flow of the injector.

I'll have my new guy tell me what each flowed and break it out so I can do what you told me to do as that does make sense to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 241 Old 04-17-2019, 01:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I appreciate your plans for tuning, whole host of mods, head and system particularly will make current lean, i would dyno tune 1&4 then 3&4 in there pairs, and then you would notice individual tuning a lot simpler and quicker because i can guarantee you wont have to trim much more than 1% at any position across the 4 cylinders if the port work is even which im sure it is being Gaz. Individual tuning is timely and hard on engine from a straight 4 tune, in a big build like yours i get the tuner to power run both pairs then adjust rough percentage before complete tune of the 2 as it protects the new build better. If you individually tuned after the pair you would find no in balance after other mods such as different air filter, to many folks claim no gains or even losses after venturi swaps etc, the biggest difference being they fail to tune in pairs or individually. I am really interested to see how well this package works.
C3L1CA likes this.
post #225 of 241 Old 04-17-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I was able to get a little bit done in the garage last night. Got the sidewinder on and new swing arm on. I was hopeful that at 170 link chain I wouldn't have to cut it and just throw a master link on, guess I was wrong on that lol. Hope to get out in the garage tonight and make some more progress. Hope I can get far enough that if I get my injectors back tomorrow night I just have to install the throttle bodies and all the other stuff on top of that so I can start it on Friday and hope to get the tune dialed in enough to make it to the track on Saturday.

Wish the Brock's exhaust came like this stock

post #226 of 241 Old 04-17-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
I appreciate your plans for tuning, whole host of mods, head and system particularly will make current lean, i would dyno tune 1&4 then 3&4 in there pairs, and then you would notice individual tuning a lot simpler and quicker because i can guarantee you wont have to trim much more than 1% at any position across the 4 cylinders if the port work is even which im sure it is being Gaz. Individual tuning is timely and hard on engine from a straight 4 tune, in a big build like yours i get the tuner to power run both pairs then adjust rough percentage before complete tune of the 2 as it protects the new build better. If you individually tuned after the pair you would find no in balance after other mods such as different air filter, to many folks claim no gains or even losses after venturi swaps etc, the biggest difference being they fail to tune in pairs or individually. I am really interested to see how well this package works.
Thank you for all the knowledge! I was thinking by just tuning the bike right away off all 4 cylinders like I would've done before reading too much on this forum and wasn't thinking it'd be too hard on the bike, as that seems like how most bikes are tuned are from a sniffer in the muffler.

Then once that's dialed in I was going to try swapping in the WSBK filter and when talking with MWR a bit they said to add 2% fuel to 1/4 and take away 2% from 2/3. I was thinking I'd just add 2% to 1/4 cylinders and leave 2/3 how they are. Then say if I have the wideband in cylinder 1 I'll make the fueling changes to both 1/4 per your recommendation then move it to cylinder 2 and make changes to both 2/3. Then move to 3 and changes should be minimal like you said and move to 4 and changes should be minimal as well.

We used to have a pretty good tuner that I would've liked to bring my bike to but he stopped tuning a few years ago. There is another place thats pretty good but I was hopeful that with the MWR ram air and the WSBK filter that the air/fuel would change a good bit from the dyno so I'd have to dial it in on the street anyways. Last time I asked them about a tune a year or 2 ago the price was pretty steep for a basic tune, I don't think I could stomach the cost for tuning by groups.
post #227 of 241 Old 04-17-2019, 09:47 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

sounds like a good plan.
C3L1CA likes this.
post #228 of 241 Old 04-17-2019, 11:02 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I wish you were close by... I'd like to get a crack at tuning a set up like that to learn a few things for myself.
C3L1CA likes this.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #229 of 241 Old 04-18-2019, 09:26 AM
gaz
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

first thing, the main thing i want to know after cams degreed, cranked and run thru few heat cycles is compression. verifies basic engine build/cam degree is good and hp to be made. making hp thru the powerband is all about cylinder pressure. just did a basic clean up, .025 mill, cnc valve job on 07 gsxr 1000, bike came in making 155 lbs, no great power to be made there no matter what u do. fired up and run in a few times with cams just bolted back in, stk hg, compression now just over 200. 30% increase, like too see 190 min on street engine. cranking compression main indicator of torque/hp available finished up correctley. zx14's/busa bigger motors i can squeeze 220-230 out of them on stk pistons with adequate ptv. makes crazy torque/hp for accleration.
post #230 of 241 Old 04-18-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
I wish you were close by... I'd like to get a crack at tuning a set up like that to learn a few things for myself.
In theory it makes sense to me, hopefully I can't figure it out lol. A few months ago before I ordered the bungs I tried opening an old tune then opening a log file and seemed like it would take a little thought but hopefully I can figure it out quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
first thing, the main thing i want to know after cams degreed, cranked and run thru few heat cycles is compression. verifies basic engine build/cam degree is good and hp to be made. making hp thru the powerband is all about cylinder pressure. just did a basic clean up, .025 mill, cnc valve job on 07 gsxr 1000, bike came in making 155 lbs, no great power to be made there no matter what u do. fired up and run in a few times with cams just bolted back in, stk hg, compression now just over 200. 30% increase, like too see 190 min on street engine. cranking compression main indicator of torque/hp available finished up correctley. zx14's/busa bigger motors i can squeeze 220-230 out of them on stk pistons with adequate ptv. makes crazy torque/hp for accleration.
I actually just got my compression tester back from a buddy last weekend. I'll be sure to get some compression numbers, hopefully its decent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in