Gen 4: 2011-2015 C3L1CA's Street/Strip Wanna Be Build Thread - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 243 Old 09-20-2014, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
Great build thread man!!!

Looking forward to seeing how this nitrous air shifter development goes. I bought all the parts for a Nitrous shifter, just not assembled it yet.
Thank you!

I actually gave up on using nitrous for the air shifter. I was having nothing but problems on the track with it so just went to using air from the swing arm.

Not sure if it was how I had my regulator mounted or because the regulator was a couple years old now or if it was where I had my gauge mounted.

I had my regulator mounted to the solenoid mounted to the shifter cylinder. When I would hit the button the pressure would fluctuate and after messing up 3 runs I just said fuck it and went to air. Maybe I'll try it again some day and do some different tests to see what wasn't working right but air is a lot simpler. I just would like to figure out where to mount a mini compressor. The harbor freight one that everybody normally uses was to big to fit in the tail of the gen 4 without some modification to the tail. So just filled the swing arm up via a compressor at the track last time out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 243 Old 09-20-2014, 02:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
Thank you!

I actually gave up on using nitrous for the air shifter. I was having nothing but problems on the track with it so just went to using air from the swing arm.

Not sure if it was how I had my regulator mounted or because the regulator was a couple years old now or if it was where I had my gauge mounted.

I had my regulator mounted to the solenoid mounted to the shifter cylinder. When I would hit the button the pressure would fluctuate and after messing up 3 runs I just said fuck it and went to air. Maybe I'll try it again some day and do some different tests to see what wasn't working right but air is a lot simpler. I just would like to figure out where to mount a mini compressor. The harbor freight one that everybody normally uses was to big to fit in the tail of the gen 4 without some modification to the tail. So just filled the swing arm up via a compressor at the track last time out

I'm putting my Carolina Cycle regulator directly on the Nitrous bottle and the air switch on the ram.

Also have everything oriented to get gaseous and not liquid nitrous out of the bottle, right opposite of how you want it when injecting into engine.

Haven't tried it yet though, but expect it to work great and get 100's of shifts out of my 2lb bottle.
post #13 of 243 Old 09-22-2014, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Put a Pirelli MT 75 90/80/17 tire on the front this weekend. Helped lower the bike a bit, just have to watch for pot holes a bit more.

DME fender lowering brackets should be here tomorrow so I'll throw a picture up after it's installed. Looks a bit goofy now if you look for the gap between the fender and the tire

Bike got a few races in this weekend.

Busa was running a 60 shot. I think if he didn't get the jump on me both times I think the bike would pull a bit instead of catching back up. Either way it was a good race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
I'm putting my Carolina Cycle regulator directly on the Nitrous bottle and the air switch on the ram.

Also have everything oriented to get gaseous and not liquid nitrous out of the bottle, right opposite of how you want it when injecting into engine.

Haven't tried it yet though, but expect it to work great and get 100's of shifts out of my 2lb bottle.
You should post some pictures or PM your setup! I would much rather use it off nitrous so I can use it on the street

Last edited by C3L1CA; 04-10-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 243 Old 09-22-2014, 07:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

^I posted up in your video buddy, but it sounds like that clutch is going bye bye. Hopefully it's just out of adjustment.

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #15 of 243 Old 09-23-2014, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Got my DME fender lower brackets in the mail yesterday and threw them on.

Also a comparison of the new tire vs a regular tire I had laying around

Picked up some mr12 yesterday too. Thinking I'll hit up the track one more time and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED View Post
^I posted up in your video buddy, but it sounds like that clutch is going bye bye. Hopefully it's just out of adjustment.
It kind of sounded that way but I think it's still good, at least I hope so. I think it might have just been the way the screwed up shifting made it sound.

Maybe I should go put some more pump gas in it and try it out before I dump the mr12 in it and go back to the track. The gas light was on the whole time and the 3rd pull the bike fell on its face in 1st and it didn't have enough gas, I didn't include that video
post #16 of 243 Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

mr12 not a dump in fuel, needs specific tune.
post #17 of 243 Old 09-23-2014, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
I got a base map from Archer, he rocks btw , and I have an auto tune on the bike. Between the two I should be good to go
post #18 of 243 Old 09-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
Nice thread! Nice bike! Tasteful mods! Subbed!

Do you have your back brake caliper off?
post #19 of 243 Old 09-23-2014, 10:58 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
It can be... although it will only make ~1/2 as much power as it would be without a specific tune. Just dumping it in you'll gain ~5WHP. With specific tuning, it will net you another ~3-5WHP.
post #20 of 243 Old 09-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Nice passes man! Definitely getting there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in