Gen 4: 2011-2015 C3L1CA's Street/Strip Wanna Be Build Thread - Page 14 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 243 Old 02-06-2017, 12:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

^^^^^ I wanna buy another bike just so i can have Jim work the head on it lol...Hell, maybe ill pull it one day and send it just to see if he can squeeze anything else out of it..Ive already had it opened up with a valve job and super small mill and my Gen2 is like a rocket from about 6 grand on (guessing it helped to have Cody flash it so butterflies opened at 5.5 as well). Good stuff bro...thought maybe you already had motor work done - now the true beast will be unleashed!! Get those cams dialed in where the bike likes it and...HOLD ON! Thinking you might not need the race juice after Gazx10 is done! BTW do you already have a aftermarket or race intake cam??

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 243 Old 02-06-2017, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
^^^^^ I wanna buy another bike just so i can have Jim work the head on it lol...Hell, maybe ill pull it one day and send it just to see if he can squeeze anything else out of it..Ive already had it opened up with a valve job and super small mill and my Gen2 is like a rocket from about 6 grand on (guessing it helped to have Cody flash it so butterflies opened at 5.5 as well). Good stuff bro...thought maybe you already had motor work done - now the true beast will be unleashed!! Get those cams dialed in where the bike likes it and...HOLD ON! Thinking you might not need the race juice after Gazx10 is done! BTW do you already have a aftermarket or race intake cam??
Lol yea I bet your bike moves damn good with all that done to it!

Nope it was all stock motor wise and was on pump gas all last year. After Jim's head magic, degreeing cams with his advice and some mr12 it should pick up some time and mph if I can ride it. Wish I could buy a rider mod lol.

Nope, just stock cams. I'm on a strict budget with getting married in May and was advised the race cams weren't worth the money by a few people and I have to watch my pennies.
post #133 of 243 Old 03-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Very excited to see gow it does. Im right there with u for setup but stuck around the low 9s. Thinking head and cams are next. Would like 155mph traps with my 210lbs strapped to it lol. Good read brotha just spent last few hours going over whole thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 243 Old 03-23-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver-311 View Post
Very excited to see gow it does. Im right there with u for setup but stuck around the low 9s. Thinking head and cams are next. Would like 155mph traps with my 210lbs strapped to it lol. Good read brotha just spent last few hours going over whole thread.
Thank you! I bet you get that 155 easy with head work and some mr12! From what I've read and been told cams really aren't worth the money. Sal at Ace performance said he has a custom grind that makes good power but that was too much money for me to even justify that.

I was down to 172lbs this morning in boxers, hope I can be right around 170 by the first track day in April. I say I have to get to race weight and people ask if I'm running a race or something, I go no, just motorcyle racing lol.

Also got some Route 21 leathers this winter. They saved about 4.5lbs over my other leathers. Think I should be down 15ish lbs from last fall between rider weight loss and leathers.

Might order up a +5 sprocket too as I feel like I was almost topping out the +6 last year on pump gas.
yong7801 likes this.
post #135 of 243 Old 03-23-2017, 10:48 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hell ya. Where did u get the leathers from? Im in need of new also.
post #136 of 243 Old 03-23-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Got them from Route 21. They were pretty damn cheap, I got that x-mas deal they still have listed on their site but I didn't want or need boots and all the t shirts so he sold it to me even cheaper.

Motorcycle Drag Racing

I would say add maybe 3 fingers on circumference measurements instead of 2 and when they say navel measurements I'd go to more where your boxer line is vs 5cm below the navel. I did just below my belly button and my coat pretty much goes to my belly button lol. I'd rather have it go a little longer but still fits and doesn't look too goofy on the bike
post #137 of 243 Old 03-27-2017, 01:32 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Nice. I emailed them already. Looks like u can add color, your name etc etc?
post #138 of 243 Old 06-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Any updates? Bike together and have u done any runs yet?
yong7801 likes this.
post #139 of 243 Old 06-04-2017, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver-311 View Post
Any updates? Bike together and have u done any runs yet?
Nope, bikes still in pieces. Jim got the porting done stupid fast but head sat at the machine shop for forever waiting to get decked as gen 4 heads are a pain I guess to deck.

I just got the head back this past Thursday and hope to get working on it next week!!

Not sure if I'll go to the track just to test it out this summer as I hate racing in the heat and times usually blow but I might try and get out there this summer. Otherwise plan on doing some highway pulls and getting the tune dialed in for some mile racing in September
post #140 of 243 Old 07-04-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well life has been pretty busy lately and I haven't had a ton of time to work on this thing but have been slowly working on it when I get a bit of time. I think I was the slowest person ever to do a valve adjustment between finding time put it together, finding smaller shims, ordering correct shims I never thought I'd finish lol.

This morning I was able to finish up degree-ing the cams to 111 intake and 108 exaust per Jim's recommendation. Hopeful I can get all the little things back on the motor this week and motor out of the basement and into the bike this weekend/next week then slowly start putting it all back together!

Plan is to still try and make it out to Maine in September to do the standing 1.5mile racing and hopefully hit 200mph. Not sure if I'll make it out to the drag strip before then as I'd like to go when its a bit cooler to get good times Definitely want to make it out to the strip in the fall though if the bike makes it through the 1.5 punishment and hope it can go faster than the 8.85 it went last year.

After bolting the head one with the .50mm kawi race head gasket.

I also found a really good deal on some race body work on the forum and pulled the trigger. Some night coming up I'm going to try and weigh the difference between the race fairings and stock stuff.

Also got a new camera so going to try and get better at taking pictures.

Motor sitting in the basement next to all the clean clothes lol

Big thanks to Jim and Patrick G for all the help! Those guys know their shit!
PatrickG, SpazOnaZX and yong7801 like this.

Last edited by C3L1CA; 07-04-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in