Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

C2 shift light problem ??

998 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  teror1sta 
#1 ·
Hi, i have C2 with 16K on it (like brand new). Problem is the shift light not working ..... I setup it on different position , but when i rev nothing happens. When i am in setup mode light turn ON .
Аny ideas?

#4 ·
So you set the shift light to like 11,000 rpm and
then sitting in the garage in gear/neutral and you are
revving to 11,000+ ?????

Have you taken it for a ride and bounced it off the rev limiter
while moving?

Try it on the road while moving.

I'd try it on my bike to see if comes on while standing still
but I'm not going to rev to 11,000 in neutral.

#5 ·
Manual says to turn shift light (SL) ON only need rpm signal to dash . My tacho work fine = have signal. I didn't see option to turn OFF SL ???

Can anyone confirm me that: SL turns ON in neutral ! Thank U !

When go in setup mode , there is 2 "menu" . First is for SL , and second is for ??

#7 ·
Yes, the light should work in neutral. But you should NEVER rev the motor that high in neutral just to see this stupid light.

Follow the procedure above as I believe you can turn the shift light off if you're not careful.

#9 ·
When U don't know answer on something just don't type bulshits ...

This is what u can do with Shift Light : ZX10R 04-05 Shift Light mode and setup - YouTube

And I rev my ALL bikes in neutral and guess what ???? NOTHING HAPPEN !!!!
Wow. So you made a video that is almost exactly like the video I posted above to try and help you out. And all that shows is that there isn't a problem with your bike, since the shift light appears to be working? So, you just didn't know how to program it then? :confused:

You go ahead and keep revving up that unloaded motor right after you start it up and not letting anything happen to it. I won't be doing anything of the sorts. And I typed that, so that's not bullshits.

#10 ·
WOW U don't know how to turn on or off the shift and still type bulshits ????
Tnx for this stupid video which U post (i watched days agoo ) I try to set my shift .... " Follow the procedure above as I believe you can turn the shift light off if you're not careful. " phahahahahaha I was very careful , that's why stupid lamp not work .

For u maybe is wrong to change gear without clutch but i don't give a shit what u thing.... i ride all my life like that and i will ....
And stop type more bulshits.

#12 ·
:spit::spit: I never use shift light (i ride with my "ears"), but i wont everything to work . If something don't i just freak out :biggrin:

I have good technical knowledge and when someone give me "advice" , but not concrete answer to my question , I become :shit:

10x for help , and sry for my bad English .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.