Gen 4: 2011-2015 Bsd ecu flash using Woolich mention upper lower injector balance change - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 03-08-2014, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to abadassbikerlad
Bsd ecu flash using Woolich mention upper lower injector balance change

Hi I see bsd tuning who use Woolich ecu programmer mention they modify upper and lower injector balance, has anyone had them flash your bike and pulled the bin file to examine?

2013 black uk spec gen 4, full akrapovic evo carbon, brembo rcs master cylinder, brembo clutch, ohlins race SCU, woolichracing flashed ecu with stock 02 disabled, ohlins mechatronic rear shock, Suoer corsa Sc2 200 rear smoked hot bodies rear end, Puig screen, s-2 concepts seat hump,Hell hoses, brembo m4 monoblocks samco sport red hoses, samco clamps, evotech oil cap, MWR filter, Putoline syntec 4, Jmt lion battery, nearly all bolts are titanium. 55w 6000k 2.5" Hid projectors.
190.26 hp Din
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-08-2014, 03:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadassbikerlad View Post
Hi I see bsd tuning who use Woolich ecu programmer mention they modify upper and lower injector balance, has anyone had them flash your bike and pulled the bin file to examine?
In the Gen 4 the injector balance from the Kawi factory is 70% on lower and 30% on uppers at 100% throttle and above 10,000 RPMs.

It would be easy enough to change it to 50% to 50%.

Sorry cant answer your original post as I don't have my bike BSD tuned or know anyone who has and then has looked at the bin file after BSD tuned and changed it to see what BSD changed it to from stock. Probably not going to be anyone that has done that yet.
post #3 of 31 Old 03-08-2014, 08:42 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

As SelenaP said about the injector balance.
Generally most people unify the fuel maps which keep the stock offset. So when you add fuel it adds to the total areas. Just makes it easier to tune, you can unify the ignition maps aswell.
The WOOLICH software gives you more than you need to tune, that much flexibility it's crazy.
Only way you can really take advantage is if you have a dyno and the full log box to see exactly what is going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
As SelenaP said about the injector balance.
Generally most people unify the fuel maps which keep the stock offset. So when you add fuel it adds to the total areas. Just makes it easier to tune, you can unify the ignition maps aswell.
The WOOLICH software gives you more than you need to tune, that much flexibility it's crazy.
Only way you can really take advantage is if you have a dyno and the full log box to see exactly what is going on.
Actually swapping the top to 60 and the lower to 40 will make a few more HP.the fuel from the upper injectors is going to atomize better.

2008 ZX-10r 68" Dime Piece BST wheels
Authorized Woolich Tuner - FLASHED BY SIK
post #5 of 31 Old 03-15-2014, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-sik-r View Post
Actually swapping the top to 60 and the lower to 40 will make a few more HP.the fuel from the upper injectors is going to atomize better.
changing that much ? Stock is 29.7% uppers at high rpm and 70.3 lower injectors, have you changed it on the gen 4 and seen the results on a Dyno?

2013 black uk spec gen 4, full akrapovic evo carbon, brembo rcs master cylinder, brembo clutch, ohlins race SCU, woolichracing flashed ecu with stock 02 disabled, ohlins mechatronic rear shock, Suoer corsa Sc2 200 rear smoked hot bodies rear end, Puig screen, s-2 concepts seat hump,Hell hoses, brembo m4 monoblocks samco sport red hoses, samco clamps, evotech oil cap, MWR filter, Putoline syntec 4, Jmt lion battery, nearly all bolts are titanium. 55w 6000k 2.5" Hid projectors.
190.26 hp Din
post #6 of 31 Old 03-15-2014, 06:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaP View Post
In the Gen 4 the injector balance from the Kawi factory is 70% on lower and 30% on uppers at 100% throttle and above 10,000 RPMs..
Selena : does this mean that for a consistent tune change between uppers and lowers (not unifying), one should see this ratio in the trim change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
So, I get a plus one for at least CHECKING the oil???!!!

oh, I did have to add distilled water to the reservoir as it was empty. Thought that odd as it was over full mark when brand new
post #7 of 31 Old 03-15-2014, 07:19 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo7maid View Post
Selena : does this mean that for a consistent tune change between uppers and lowers (not unifying), one should see this ratio in the trim change?
Sorry, I don't know.

I haven't tested any changes with the injector balance. I don't plan to do so on my Gen 3.
post #8 of 31 Old 04-01-2014, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I wish someone would test this option on the Dyno,

190.26 hp Din
post #9 of 31 Old 04-02-2014, 04:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Is it really worth MAYBE the extra 1-2 hp???
I personally think it's not.
post #10 of 31 Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Is it really worth MAYBE the extra 1-2 hp???
I personally think it's not.
I changed my gen 3 to 70/30 70 being upper.i also tune the WOT through the uppers instead of the lowers.put it this way,my bike runs 128mph with me on it...I broke my arm so my buddy rode it Sunday to test the changes and he's 40-45 lbs heavier then me...he went 126 mph.it shouldn't go that fast at his weight.i believe it made a ridiculous difference for peak power.ill be dyno testing this afternoon

2008 ZX-10r 68" Dime Piece BST wheels
Authorized Woolich Tuner - FLASHED BY SIK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in