Gen 1: 2004-2005 Brakes kind of suck . . - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 Old 12-24-2015, 04:47 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShervinRRR View Post
You guys are lovely. I knew i forgot something. I just didn't know what. I forgot several aspects that you won't ever get flawless front Gen 1 or 2 OEM brakes. Those 2 aspects that i forgot to mention are:
I watch 'the big bang theory' and I stay @ holiday inn resorts when ever possible

the killer part for you shervin is we help those in need.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 12-24-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 Old 12-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShervinRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
luck involved as his brakes are inadequate just as the rest when heavily used. These stories and so-called servicing fixes were addressed 11 years ago, shervin read up.

merry christmas
BD
Type the link to that "addressed 11 years old" that I read up and posted.

Last edited by ShervinRRR; 12-25-2015 at 07:43 PM.
post #33 of 49 Old 01-01-2016, 09:13 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well i must say i have never heard anyone ever mention the standard gen 1 brakes being anything other than utter garbage that looked pretty at the time.
If you think they are good then your not breaking hard enough lol.
Its common knowledge that they were the gen 1 weak point.
I took a demonstrator out for a test ride for 2 hours years ago and after hour and half the discs were purple and it had warped them so bad i could barely use them to get back! That said in pretty heavy on brakes.
I tried many combinations including r6 calipers and honda master cylinder.
I ended up with gen 3 modified calipers and discs. Race pads. Braided lines. Dot 5.1 but even then they would fade on track after a session on the fast group.
My prediction is the discs are not made from the same grade of steel as yamahas are.
The best brakes ive ever had was 2003 r1 non radial brakes with race pads. One finger stoppies all day long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 49 Old 01-01-2016, 10:15 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The best brakes ive ever had was 2003 r1 non radial brakes with race pads. One finger stoppies all day long
I had an 02 R6 with braided lines, and they were the best stock brakes Ive ever felt!

A 1st Gen Ten will eat the hearts of grown men.
post #35 of 49 Old 01-01-2016, 10:32 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukzx10r View Post
My prediction is the discs are not made from the same grade of steel as yamahas are.
Might well be truth, no not truth weight just the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
I had an 02 R6 with braided lines, and they were the best stock brakes Ive ever felt!
As a previous 02 R1 guy the OEM unit was far superior than kwaks but i still modded the brakes with a PVM radial mstr, ss lines and vesrah pads...the results were astounding.

BD

post #36 of 49 Old 01-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

IF you are a viewer to this thread and you are reading this I Shervin Asemani, assure you that Generation 1 has excellent front Brakes with outstanding stopping power. I have ridden, tested, overloaded the brakes and I have pictures on my webpage in the forum of an Actual Gen 1 ZX-10R and I am telling you the front brakes of Gen 1 are more than great.
If you read someone try to come play cat and mouse that no the brakes are garbage, it is not because they are a new member or have no picture on their membership to prove anything toward their Own experience towards Gen 1 brakes only; it is all that and it is the fact they do not have identity to prove and to stand on what they are saying.
I do have identity, I do own an actual gen 1 at this very moment, I have pictures that you can see and I am telling you gen 1 has excellent front brakes.
They are over graded for street in fact in my opinion.

When it comes to race, there is absolutely no brake pad, brake rotor or caliper that can resist human force. The full Carbon, the full Ceramic, the classified material used in F1, Leman, Moto GP, and such, they all brake great until some point. There is a point that they can not stand the pressure of human demand in a race.

About hard braking or not braking on gen 1 regarding front brakes, once I raced with a great rider and I applied brake at 160mph (-/+5mph) and I did a stoppie that I still remember until this moment. I did not want to do stoppie, I just had to reduce speed and gear changing would not correspond with the time being at that time; I just went straight to brakes because I was about to have an almost immediate impact and down shift would results impact at 150mph (I had about 0.1 second to the target) and brakes perhaps results 120mph impact therefore, I went straight to brake. I only brake for about 1 second max and after the stoppie my speed was at 70mph!!! What is so interesting is the fact that the other rider was riding a new Yamaha R6 (2006+ model) and in 2 points that i went to 170mph i slowed down for him to keep the race fair -since R6 top speed is about 170mph-so it was all about acceleartation, deceleration and riding.
This race happended in 2009 or 2010 on a Sunday. His bike was black, He was black (African American), and he was wearing full race suit and his kneed pad on the suit was rubbed (he had turned with his knee down), he was an older guy that look young in his 40's i would say, he was a great racer and great rider but he was not an experienced rider (there are things you do in a race that shows your level of driving). We race for only 5 minutes and we travel about 15 miles. Another aspect, after i exit (exit can be refer to exit in a race track) he stopped behind me and came very gently and said "nice bike with a smile" and i answer "Thanks! You too!". Another aspect, there was something very unique about that bike. That bike was almost full black and it had very bright LED light on the sides of his front fender in such way that the LED were vetical to the ground. I would estimate it had 10LED on right and 10LED on the left on front wheel. The LED were white or light blue.
I said all this but the only reason that i am alive is because God wanted to not take my life that day, otherwise i just saw myself gone already.

You are saying gen 1 front brakes are bad, I am telling you the problem are not the front brakes; The problem is something else or perhaps the rider.

At the end of the day, it is the matter of Rider and Driver not the matter of the car or bike. For some, does not matter what you give them, they are never winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Do the masses a HUG favor and do not spread untruths, bogus pontificating garbage as it is in no way helpful when such things are done. Say goodnight to the good people shervin assemani

BD
And for some, it is just the matter of another negative post in the effort to scream their poisioned depressed lonely world just for a small look.
big daddy you have over 34k posts and they are bash after bash after bash with no definition whatsoever. Perhaps, you are a depressed outdated useless being and you dont' want to do any effort to change that instead you bash innocoent people first name and last name and opinions online without mentioning your first and last name and even a definition.
bigdaddy, You bashed those who are trying to add something to this world because you wish you could be that inteligent or at least useful but you are not and instead you bash them in attempt to get a meaning to your meaningless being. Your 34,443 posts all together do not even worth another new post in resopnd. I quoted your post here, so you will read this message. My message to you is, try to be more kind to yourself, try to recognize and respect the ones around you. When you accomplish that then try to use your powers to help others and you will get comfort. I promise you that until the day that you are going to bash me or bash this and bash that and bash other, you are going to be lost forever.

I am Shervin Asemani.

Last edited by ShervinRRR; 01-02-2016 at 03:05 PM.
post #37 of 49 Old 01-02-2016, 03:42 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My gen 1 i just sold had 2011 discs and modified 2009 calipers. Goodrich hoses. Sbs pads. Honda 19mm master.

I did try r6 calipers which i used at brands hatch.
I scortched the discs and had to replace them as they had work hardened and wouldnt work anywhere near as good after track day. R6 calipers are lovely calipers and are alot lighter.

I did a topic on how to convert them here;
zx10r 09/11 brake swap to 05
post #38 of 49 Old 01-02-2016, 03:54 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

So you are saying gen 1 front brakes are bad, I am telling you the problem are not the front brakes; The problem is something else or perhaps the rider.

Its a known fact that after prolonged hard use the gen1 brakes overheat and suffer from massive fade.
A one off fast stop wouldnt show up the issue.
My friend raced in 2005 bss on a zx10r and although they were allowed to change the master they had massive problems with brake fade.
All of the zx10rs had problems in that series.

It wasnt just zx10s. Gsxrs and hondas had simular brakes too and all suffered.
My dad had k3 gsxr and i felt nasty brake fade on the road after a few miles fast riding.
MTFDarkEagle likes this.
post #39 of 49 Old 01-02-2016, 04:49 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thank you for your pictures and the thread in 2011.
I know what the problem is and i will tell you. I am not disscoring your pictures and i believe that your brakes got better after changing your calipers but i am not wrong. I am not wrong AND your brakes still got better?? Yes!
I will update this post (#39) in 30 days from the date this post #39 goes online.
I will give you the exact reason that i see happen to so many other riders that is hidden. I will tell you what it is.
I was planning not to; Becasue you posted your pictures, i will tell you and every one.
I will quate your post then, so you get a notification that my post is then online.
Good bye.

Last edited by ShervinRRR; 01-02-2016 at 04:55 AM.
post #40 of 49 Old 01-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
IF you are a viewer to this thread and you are reading this I Shervin Asemani, assure you that Generation 1 has excellent front Brakes with outstanding stopping power. I have ridden, tested, overloaded the brakes and I have pictures on my webpage in the forum of an Actual Gen 1 ZX-10R and I am telling you the front brakes of Gen 1 are more than great.
If you read someone try to come play cat and mouse that no the brakes are garbage, it is not because they are a new member or have no picture on their membership to prove anything toward their Own experience towards Gen 1 brakes only; it is all that and it is the fact they do not have identity to prove and to stand on what they are saying.

Do the masses a HUGE favor and do not spread untruths, bogus pontificating garbage as it is in no way helpful when such things are done. Say goodnight to the good people shervin assemani

BD

MTFDarkEagle likes this.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 01-06-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in