Gen 5: 2016- B***ards - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

B***ards

So had my GEN5 stolen from my flat while i was at work Saturday night! Got it back within an hour thanks to having a tracker.

They busted the steering lock so they could push it and in the process they have cracked my top yoke.

Can anyone advise on

1 A replacement top yoke? should i just buy a new OEM one or should i get aftermarket. Cant really afford a full kit but if there is a major benefit ill guess i can skip paying my rent for a month.
Want to retain the barrel but if thats not possible how would it work without a key

2 Repairing the steering lock. im not desperate to do this but if its something that can be done relatively cheap and hassle free ill do it.

Im in the UK so would prefer UK sites to buy but ill take any info available

thanks

Gamo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 07:02 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Fucking scumbags!

Sorry to hear of your situation but happy to know you got bike back. I can't give you great advice for this situation but I would think a stock upper would be cheaper then aftermarket. You can also get a keyless start but probably not something you want to do after this event.

I would replace all parts back to oem and maybe find a better way to park bike with a wheel lock or some sort of anti theft device. Hate that this is what the world is now of days..

Good luck brother I hope the thieves got caught!
post #3 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz96 View Post
Fucking scumbags!

Sorry to hear of your situation but happy to know you got bike back. I can't give you great advice for this situation but I would think a stock upper would be cheaper then aftermarket. You can also get a keyless start but probably not something you want to do after this event.

I would replace all parts back to oem and maybe find a better way to park bike with a wheel lock or some sort of anti theft device. Hate that this is what the world is now of days..

Good luck brother I hope the thieves got caught!
Cheers for the security advice. its was in a underground carpark but some broke the gate and that how the fuckers got in. its at a garage now and im moving soon so thats all good.

my bike is a road bike so keyless start i assume would be no good as anyone could start the bike with a push of the button. unless there is a secure option??

its a national holiday today in the UK so im gonna call Kawi dealer tomorrow. just thought i would look into options in the mean time.
wheelz96 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 08:01 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

good to hear you got it back... could try 2nd hard parts shops for a cheap stock replacement taken from a wrecked bike?
post #5 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 09:01 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMO View Post
So had my GEN5 stolen from my flat while i was at work Saturday night! Got it back within an hour thanks to having a tracker.

They busted the steering lock so they could push it and in the process they have cracked my top yoke.

Can anyone advise on

1 A replacement top yoke? should i just buy a new OEM one or should i get aftermarket. Cant really afford a full kit but if there is a major benefit ill guess i can skip paying my rent for a month.
Want to retain the barrel but if thats not possible how would it work without a key

2 Repairing the steering lock. im not desperate to do this but if its something that can be done relatively cheap and hassle free ill do it.

Im in the UK so would prefer UK sites to buy but ill take any info available

thanks

Gamo

Glad you got your bike back man, question though, is "a flat" the same thing as what we Americans call an apartment complex?
post #6 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
Glad you got your bike back man, question though, is "a flat" the same thing as what we Americans call an apartment complex?

Yes buddy!
post #7 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadWarrior View Post
good to hear you got it back... could try 2nd hard parts shops for a cheap stock replacement taken from a wrecked bike?

Theres only one on ebay at the moment but its scratched up and 100 new one is 170 from the dealer so would rather get new!
post #8 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a 2018 lock set (steering lock, gas cap, and tail lock) with two keys that you can have for free if it helps. Just gotta pay shipping from the USA.
michael4012, GAMO and wheelz96 like this.

Tyler Wolters - AFM #54
WoltersRacing.com

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tyler...02139439887883

2019 Support Capital Edge Financial, Direct Technology, Pacific Track Time, CT Racing, Pirelli Tires, PCP Motorsports, TechSpec, Motion Pro, GP Suspension, Daredevil Motorsports, Vortex, Motonation, Sidi Boots, Forcefield Armour, Suomy Helmets, Cycle Gear, Racer Gloves, Spy Optics, Shorai, GoPro, Braking, Ogio, Wicked Audio.
post #9 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 11:07 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Filthy BASTARDS, theres not a worse feeling, even catching someone on top of your wife aint as bad,. positive being you wont have to pretend to love that bitch anymore But bike mate, its a major problem in the UK just now. Where are you located.
GAMO likes this.
post #10 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 12:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFM54 View Post
I have a 2018 lock set (steering lock, gas cap, and tail lock) with two keys that you can have for free if it helps. Just gotta pay shipping from the USA.
Great deal.... I think GAMO should take it asap.
GAMO likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in