8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

B***ards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFM54 View Post
I have a 2018 lock set (steering lock, gas cap, and tail lock) with two keys that you can have for free if it helps. Just gotta pay shipping from the USA.

Mate that is a very kind offer! Im going to send you a DM now!

Does anyone know whats involved in getting these working on an EU bike? Can i dismantle and take the steering lock and change it over or do i need to swap the whole lot? And how does that impact the immobiliser??

Last edited by GAMO; 05-06-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

B***ards

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
Filthy BASTARDS, theres not a worse feeling, even catching someone on top of your wife aint as bad,. positive being you wont have to pretend to love that bitch anymore But bike mate, its a major problem in the UK just now. Where are you located.

I actually agree! Id shake the mans hand for taking her of mine! After hes washed his!!

Im west london mate!

Last edited by GAMO; 05-06-2019 at 02:13 PM.
post #13 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 01:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

For pricing i use Cradley Kawasaki online parts fiche,

https://www.kawasakioriginalparts.co...F&c ountry=XX

Have you had the bike running since getting it back, if so your probably going to get away with a matching lock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
For pricing i use Cradley Kawasaki online parts fiche,

https://www.kawasakioriginalparts.co...F&c ountry=XX

Have you had the bike running since getting it back, if so your probably going to get away with a matching lock.

Nah havnt run it as ironically it had a flat battery! But i think the EU bikes have an immobiliser and may need be matching to start! Just guessing as i dont know for sure!
post #15 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 01:39 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMO View Post
Nah havnt run it as ironically it had a flat battery! But i think the EU bikes have an immobiliser and may need be matching to start! Just guessing as i dont know for sure!
Yes bud they do, it'll need the original barrel to be able to use the existing key, i believe the main stealers can order that which apart from the wait will be the easiest. The problem is your red key matches the immobiliser which matches the black keys and i hope i am wrong. Iv used a US ECU before to return a bike from track to road that didn't have the original loom on so the immobiliser didn't match the ECU, US ecu's don't have that issue i only needed to flash in UK maps etc. But on your bike i think the cheapest way will be to splash the cash at the main stealers but wait until you here what they say tomorrow.
post #16 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
So what ever happened to the thieves???

Last edited by wheelz96; 05-06-2019 at 02:03 PM.
post #17 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

B***ards

Quote:
Yes bud they do, it'll need the original barrel to be able to use the existing key, i believe the main stealers can order that which apart from the wait will be the easiest. The problem is your red key matches the immobiliser which matches the black keys and i hope i am wrong. Iv used a US ECU before to return a bike from track to road that didn't have the original loom on so the immobiliser didn't match the ECU, US ecu's don't have that issue i only needed to flash in UK maps etc. But on your bike i think the cheapest way will be to splash the cash at the main stealers but wait until you here what they say tomorrow.

Yea ill give em a call in the morning! There is no damage to my actual barrel they just snapped the steering lock so i think the bike will start and run! Its just the steering lock that has snapped! Would prefer to have it working but in reality it doesn't add anything to the bike! I wonder if i could dismantle the us barrel and rebuild the lock on mine?

But ill be on the phone to the dealer first thing to get a yoke and ill have a word about the lock
post #18 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz96 View Post
So what ever happened to the thieves???

No idea! Over here what the little shits do it snap the steering lock and then one will tide a a working bike and push the stollen bike the other will be on the stolen bike steering it! They move it down the road and then leave it for a while to see if it is being tracked before they do what ever they do with it!

In my case they moved it leas than 5 mins away and by the time the police get to it they were long gone!
post #19 of 24 Old 05-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well I hope karma will have it's way with those filthy bastards.

Happy to know minimum damage was done and you got the bike back so quickly! Good luck on getting her back to spec!
michael4012 and GAMO like this.
post #20 of 24 Old 05-14-2019, 10:06 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hey what kind of GPS unit do you use?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMO View Post
So had my GEN5 stolen from my flat while i was at work Saturday night! Got it back within an hour thanks to having a tracker.

They busted the steering lock so they could push it and in the process they have cracked my top yoke.

Can anyone advise on

1 A replacement top yoke? should i just buy a new OEM one or should i get aftermarket. Cant really afford a full kit but if there is a major benefit ill guess i can skip paying my rent for a month.
Want to retain the barrel but if thats not possible how would it work without a key

2 Repairing the steering lock. im not desperate to do this but if its something that can be done relatively cheap and hassle free ill do it.

Im in the UK so would prefer UK sites to buy but ill take any info available

thanks

Gamo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in