Anyone have a Graves fender kit on their 10R? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 05-13-2005, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Anyone have a Graves fender kit on their 10R?

Anyone have a Graves fender kit on their 10R?-

I have seen the bracket/kit and it looks decent, but they dont show it actually on the bike.

I was looking for a plate bracket that does not require drilling and does NOT have have the tabs for mounting rear turn stalks.

Green ZX10, Scotts Dampener, Muzzy Ti, Power Commander, braided lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I was in the same boat, I really liked the style of the graves but wanted it without the signal brackets. Unfortunately, they do not offer that for our bike. I did a load of searching and found one for about 40.00$. The only thing is I don't remember the name of the website I got it from. I should be getting it in a few days, so I'll post up the address and pics when I get it installed.
post #3 of 24 Old 05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I have the Graves bracket. It comes with mounts for oem signals.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-13-2005, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Moto, be sure to post up pics and let me know where you got it.

Miykl,

Can you post pics of yours?

post #5 of 24 Old 05-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well steve I finally got my plate bracket in the mail and it is SHIT! Doesn't fill the holes, and didn't come with any mounting hardware. I can't even install it without a ghetto rig of some sort. I guess you get what you pay for eh? I'm sending it back and going with the graves.
post #6 of 24 Old 05-18-2005, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojay81
Well steve I finally got my plate bracket in the mail and it is SHIT! Doesn't fill the holes, and didn't come with any mounting hardware. I can't even install it without a ghetto rig of some sort. I guess you get what you pay for eh? I'm sending it back and going with the graves.
Motojay,

Sorry to hear about the kit. That is why I tend to get opinions before I buy things like this. It seems so many companies make shit quality pieces, its hard to find out which ones are worth the money. Let me know on the Graves. I liked the idea of that one, but again would like pics of the installed piece. If that doesnt fill the holes well, I might just keep searching.

I did buy and return the Targa kit for the 10. I had to call and convince them to send a plate bracket without mounting holes for turns. They did, but once I got the kit I realized that it was different than pictured. The filler plates were seperate-they just filled the holes. Then the plate bracket was another piece which required you to drill in the undertail to install. Seemed stupid to me-just have the plate bracket install onto the filler plates and eliminate the drilling. Would look much better and look like one piece, not chopped up. I guess it would work on a black bike, but not any other.

post #7 of 24 Old 05-19-2005, 06:49 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves87
Seemed stupid to me-just have the plate bracket install onto the filler plates and eliminate the drilling. Would look much better and look like one piece, not chopped up. I guess it would work on a black bike, but not any other.
Sounds like you're describing what I made. Very easy to do, if you (or someone you know) can weld aluminum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0840 - small.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	3794  
post #8 of 24 Old 05-19-2005, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl
I have the Graves bracket. It comes with mounts for oem signals.
Miykl,

Does that Graves fill in the holes underneath? I was wondering if it came close to being flush with the undertail. I will order one if it does, but dont want one that is recessed.

post #9 of 24 Old 05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
K10
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

that looks nice Canyon, Does the law require you have to have a plate light, signals? I went with the Targa because it came with a plate light. Had to drill tho. BTW- If you go with this one, use some locktight of self locking nuts or you'll lose those nice aluminum plates. I lost one and made a couple from plastic. I also had to make a special bracket to get the right angle where those silly little signals can even be seen a little!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5190002.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	3805   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5190001.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	3806  

Last edited by K10; 05-19-2005 at 06:46 PM.
post #10 of 24 Old 05-20-2005, 06:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by K10
that looks nice Canyon, Does the law require you have to have a plate light, signals?
Thanks. Yeah, the law requires a plate light and turn signals. Turn signals are covered, as I have a FlashAlert taillight that has turn signals built in.

As for the plate light, I never ride at night ('cause I can't see in the dark too well), so it really isn't an issue for me. Worst case scenario is a Fix-It ticket, but I doubt I'd ever have a problem in daylight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in