Anyone conceal carry/self defense knife while riding? - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 69 Old 04-17-2018, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
The people in our group rides sometimes carry. One who is a Law enforcement officer always carries.

I don't think it's a bad idea to be ready at all times given our nations current state. People are crazy out there and are doing unthinkable shit all the time, so me I'd rather be prepared for the worst possible scenario and if that means I have to pull out a weapon to stop a asshole from trying to cause harm to me or anyone I'm all for it.

I don't think he's trying to shoot any asshole that tries to cut him off. He's more concerned with an idiot following him or getting out of their car at stop lights and things of that nature is what I took away from his post.
Exactly! Thank you

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 Old 04-17-2018, 07:10 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I don't think he's trying to shoot any asshole that tries to cut him off. He's more concerned with an idiot following him or getting out of their car at stop lights and things of that nature is what I took away from his post.

Exactly! Thank you
Still makes no sense at all.

So a guy jumps out of his car at a red light, maybe he's pissed at you
for something you did or didn't do and comes back to bitch at you,
maybe he's coming back to apologize (I've had that happen) at what point do you think it's ok to pull a gun and kill them or stab them in the gut with a knife?

I feel sorry for anybody that thinks they need to carry a weapon, are scared and that at any point their lives might be in such jeopardy. Maybe you guys need to move to a better neighborhood or something.

Maybe it's a millennial thing.

I give up, arm yourself to the teeth!

side note: I've found that hitting someone over the head with your helmet is usually enough.
badexample and GonzoRider like this.
post #33 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottoms-Up View Post
Still makes no sense at all.

So a guy jumps out of his car at a red light, maybe he's pissed at you
for something you did or didn't do and comes back to bitch at you,
maybe he's coming back to apologize (I've had that happen) at what point do you think it's ok to pull a gun and kill them or stab them in the gut with a knife?

I feel sorry for anybody that thinks they need to carry a weapon, are scared and that at any point their lives might be in such jeopardy. Maybe you guys need to move to a better neighborhood or something.

Maybe it's a millennial thing.

I give up, arm yourself to the teeth!

side note: I've found that hitting someone over the head with your helmet is usually enough.
If your not going to conceal carry on your motorcycle with something of defense then why own a gun at all? If your the type that 911 is going to save you then that's your opinion. Here in SC we have the castle doctrine which means your vehicle is an extension of your property. So if someone is trying to pull you out or swinging a baseball bat at your window and you can't flee you can protect yourself. Obviously it's easier to flee on a motorcycle in most of not all situations. But if someone gets out of there car I'm getting off my motorcycle I don't care what they're doing. I'm not going to sit there waiting for whatever there going to say or do. A person in a sitting position with a helmet on is an easy target. Like my 1st post that person had no reason to serve at me like that. Maybe he had a run in with another sportbike or hates sportbikes in general. And some people are honestly just jealous and some people degenerate garbage. Doesn't mean if I had a weapon in that instant I would retaliate just showing people are random with poor intentions for no reason.

I wanted opinions on if people do and what they carry and how they carry but like most social media ends currently is the op is burned at stake lol. Thanks for everyone's input.

Last edited by Kawasexy; 04-18-2018 at 03:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 10:02 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I own many firearms, have had a lot of training from competitive shooting, to self defense response scenarios including knife and disarming. A little triage and legal too. Am I a expert, by no means.

I'm all for self defense for yourself, family and your home, armed or physical.

Your question at least to me is just a little overboard, it's just not necessary to
to live your daily life at that level of readiness.

In case you never heard of it... I follow the Jeff Cooper Color Code Chart for level of awareness. I will carry, but only in a Orange+ level of awareness.

Awareness level of yellow (alert and aware, but also calm and relaxed) is where you will be most of the time. In this state it is really not necessary to
be prepared for deadly battle.

Look into the awareness codes, maybe it can provide some sense and calm to your imagined and sensationalized fears of daily living.

https://www.bsr-inc.com/awareness-color-code-chart/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	codes.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	415370  
post #35 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 10:27 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasexy View Post
If your not going to conceal carry on your motorcycle with something of defense then why own a gun at all? If your the type that 911 is going to save you then that's your opinion. Here in SC we have the castle doctrine which means your vehicle is an extension of your property. So if someone is trying to pull you out or swinging a baseball bat at your window and you can't flee you can protect yourself. Obviously it's easier to flee on a motorcycle in most of not all situations. But if someone gets out of there car I'm getting off my motorcycle I don't care what they're doing. I'm not going to sit there waiting for whatever there going to say or do. A person in a sitting position with a helmet on is an easy target. Like my 1st post that person had no reason to serve at me like that. Maybe he had a run in with another sportbike or hates sportbikes in general. And some people are honestly just jealous and some people degenerate garbage. Doesn't mean if I had a weapon in that instant I would retaliate just showing people are random with poor intentions for no reason.

I wanted opinions on if people do and what they carry and how they carry but like most social media ends currently is the op is burned at stake lol. Thanks for everyone's input.
Castle Doctrine? hahahahaha Are you a brainwashed twat? Is your brain the extension of your body and your little pistol the extension of your micro penis too? hahaha . You so vulnerable on a motorcycle anyways, dressed like a Power Ranger with your helmet on and a motorcycle between your legs, anybody on foot or dismounting a car/truck would have the "upper hand". Why you want to escalade shit by pointing a rifle to anybody?? I had people yelling at me on red lights, chasing me around with their cars and cell phones out... I just ignore them or just give them the "thumbs up". I just go out there and focus on the riding part. a friggin doctrine hahahahah unbelievable.

ďRide like you are invisible.Ē
post #36 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottoms-Up View Post
I own many firearms, have had a lot of training from competitive shooting, to self defense response scenarios including knife and disarming. A little triage and legal too. Am I a expert, by no means.

I'm all for self defense for yourself, family and your home, armed or physical.

Your question at least to me is just a little overboard, it's just not necessary to
to live your daily life at that level of readiness.

In case you never heard of it... I follow the Jeff Cooper Color Code Chart for level of awareness. I will carry, but only in a Orange+ level of awareness.

Awareness level of yellow (alert and aware, but also calm and relaxed) is where you will be most of the time. In this state it is really not necessary to
be prepared for deadly battle.

Look into the awareness codes, maybe it can provide some sense and calm to your imagined and sensationalized fears of daily living.

https://www.bsr-inc.com/awareness-color-code-chart/
Interesting Outlook with that chart. I don't use the term fear, it's situation awareness and readiness. Just because I have a fire extinguisher doesn't mean im in fear of a fire etc. I'm not going to sit there and let somebody have the upper hand because I didn't want to go overboard. But thanks for your comment sir.

post #37 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
Castle Doctrine? hahahahaha Are you a brainwashed twat? Is your brain the extension of your body and your little pistol the extension of your micro penis too? hahaha . You so vulnerable on a motorcycle anyways, dressed like a Power Ranger with your helmet on and a motorcycle between your legs, anybody on foot or dismounting a car/truck would have the "upper hand". Why you want to escalade shit by pointing a rifle to anybody?? I had people yelling at me on red lights, chasing me around with their cars and cell phones out... I just ignore them or just give them the "thumbs up". I just go out there and focus on the riding part. a friggin doctrine hahahahah unbelievable.

badexample likes this.
post #38 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 11:39 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasexy View Post

What a bad time to be cop out there with all the indoctrinated retards like you that feel entitled to shoot people with poor excuses. What a mess. Happy to live in Canada! We drink beers and make fun of silly Americans like you! hahaah
GonzoRider likes this.

ďRide like you are invisible.Ē

Last edited by badexample; 04-18-2018 at 11:44 AM.
post #39 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
What a bad time to be cop out there with all the indoctrinated retards like you that feel entitled to shoot people with poor excuses. What a mess. Happy to live in Canada! We drink beers and make fun of silly Americans like you! hahaah
Your responses are not productive. Your searching for validation which what the thumbs up was. Your personel attacks are not necessary because your words show what type of individual you are.

post #40 of 69 Old 04-18-2018, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Already received reports about this thread. Any chance we can all be adults in here, or will I need to close the thread?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in