Aim MXK10 and Woolich? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Aim MXK10 and Woolich?

Is anyone here using an Aim MXK10 on their Gen5 with a Woolich mapped system? Any issues?

I love the display on this.

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/aim-kawasaki-ninja-zx-10r-plug-play-dash-logger/?fbclid=IwAR1gWoEgxG1imEqhOF0vBRrsbx6jt6gX4DBojoUN San8LDb3W24IMaVnjHY
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 09:38 AM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Haha, it came out a week ago brother! Mines on order and won't be here till the week of the 10th sometime. I don't see why it wouldn't work with Woolich, are you referring to the Race Dash setup? Beyond that, the dash info is the same no matter what flash you've got.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #3 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
It said something about changing maps, etc.

Did you just get the base unit? Any add-ons? Might be interested in the LAMBda.

Does it automatically come with the GPS unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Wonder if I can get one to fit my other bike?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crux_x1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	422533  
Neonmarine likes this.
post #5 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 11:30 AM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man View Post
It said something about changing maps, etc.

Did you just get the base unit? Any add-ons? Might be interested in the LAMBda.

Does it automatically come with the GPS unit?
It does come with the GPS and it's ready to go as a datalogger/laptimer. The additional sensors will require the data hub because there's only one USB port in the back for information. I.e, if you get the Lambda, you would have to unplug the GPS to use it (without the extra data ports).

As for the "maps", its just another word for modes. Each power mode or TC mode is technically a map just like any other but they are called something different apparently.

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #6 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Then the Woolich map should have no affect. I posed this to them, and they will get back to me.

I didn't realize it was just released !
Neonmarine likes this.
post #7 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 12:44 PM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Correct. The Fuel Map(s) are not something you can change from the dash unless you make changes to the Power Modes (maps). Then you can only have a maximum of three loaded fuel maps that are switchable from the LH handlebar.

post #8 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 02:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The USB port on the back is a computer connection (if you can't use WiFi). The other port (called EXT) is for the expansion hub, which is a separate product (~$300) and it gives you 4 ports that you can use for suspension potentiometers and brake pressure sensor(s) (yes, rear brake too, if you're so fancy). Sensors are also extra (~$150-250 each). The dash will work with Woolich-flashed ECU just fine, as it doesn't really care what happened to the ECU. All your OEM buttons will be able to control the dash--which is why this dash is so great. There are other similar AIM dashes but if you use them, you loose the ability to change maps or engine braking levels. So you're stuck on a single setting. Also, to mount the potentiomenters to the bike, you'll need a bracket kit, which Graves has for $400 (I know, a bit much) or you make your own. You'll also need custom brake line(s) for the brake pressure sensor with the T-out for the sensor.

In general, the dash offers a lot of other little benefits. The ambient light sensor adjusts dash brightness, which is something I've been annoyed with with OEM dash. Not that I look at my dash much while I race, I do run a camera that has the dash in its view and it's often times hard to see what's going on when it's too light or too dark.

I like the idea of having lap times, and especially predicted lap times more in line of sight. As opposed to having to glance down at my current Aim Solo unit. That extra microsecond of attention away from the path ahead could mean the difference between having a beer and going home in one piece or getting air-lifted in an ambulance.

I've also spoken to the folks at AIM and they said that using AIM Race Studio 3, you can design your own dash layout using the existing icons available, which I thought is brilliant. So for example, I don't want to have ABS icon on my RACE mode dash screen but I do want to have extra data points like coolant temperature (which isn't on the default race screen for some reason). So ya, I really can't find any faults with it or anything else I might want--which is something I can't say very often about electronics.

All of this is in theory, of course based on my research. Once I use the dash, I'll have more objective feedback.

All in all, you're looking at about $3000-ish for a fairly comprehensive data logging setup--or $1145 if you're just getting the dash--or whatever cost in between if you're getting partial set of sensors.
Marcismo55 and Neonmarine like this.

Last edited by Lanister; 05-30-2019 at 02:22 PM.
post #9 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Is the AIM Race Studio 3 software, something you purchase extra? I'd love to design my own dash.
post #10 of 34 Old 05-30-2019, 02:29 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man View Post
Is the AIM Race Studio 3 software, something you purchase extra? I'd love to design my own dash.
That's a free download, you can get it now and see what it's like. Again, you can design using existing objects and data points. You can't add others stuff, from what I understand. For example, you can't add brake pressure data to the dash because OEM dash doesn't have that either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in