2020 ZX10R Gen 6: The speculation Thread... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 06-17-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Wink 2020 ZX10R Gen 6: The speculation Thread...

Lets have some fun speculating and posting anything we can find on the next Great kawasaki ZX10R.

One thing we know for certain. "Kawasaki is Planning “Extreme” ZX-10RR For WorldSBK 2020" Ichiro Yoda stated in April 2019. He said they can tap into their Moto GP race tech and build a GP level bike like Ducati did for WSBK and do it very fast.

What do that mean for WSBK and Racers?
I am sure whatever they build for Rea will be at the maximum WSBK rule book allowance. $40,000 street price, 16,000+ RPM and tons of electronics and tricky valves.
They only need to sell 500. I think this will be the new ZX10RR....Look at what Ducati did with the V4R. They used the rule books to create a formidable bike for it's first year of racing. (Of course AB is part of that equation).
Carbon or Magnesium option marchesini wheel option...
Aluminum Gas tank.
* I feel that since the Japanese bikes/parts cost a good deal less than the italian bikes (Ducati) what they have in the V4R compared to how much more Kawasaki can put in the bike for the same price will help. Or they can just sell a bike with equal parts/trickery for less.

What do this mean for the average Joe?
ZX10R & ZX10R SE

This is where we have to do the largest speculations (Because it's fun to guess what might hit the streets)...
My best guess will be that the new bike will still ride on the same basic frame with more tweaks. It's been working since 2011 with update in 2016. I feel we will get the Race swing-arm (on the street version or at least on the limited RR 500 versions)... the new BMW has the reverse swing-arm currently.
Id guess the 2019 ZX10RR Engine (New finger valves and other updates) will be the new base engine for the 2020 since the RR would get Moto GP level engine trickery.
We will finally get a high end Digital dash.
Of course all new fairings, mirrors, and LED headlights.

SE version with Akropavic Pipe and Electronic control suspension. Possibly the marchesini wheels (magnesium or light weight aluminum).

From a Price point I think the models will be:

ZX10RR : (Limited to 500 units) $32,000-$39,000 range
ZX10R SE: (The RR Replacement for Top of the line street version) $24,000
ZX10R /ABS: similar to current pricing: $16,000 range.

I do feel the RR will now be a night and day difference compared to the R/SE ZX10s

what do you guys think?

CCS/ASRA Novice 325 | WERA Novice 325 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS | 2011 ZX10R | 2019 KTM 250XC-F
GunnRunnaz.com|Gunn Runnaz on FaceBook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 06-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
I agree with a lot of the above. As I've been working with my AiM MXK10 dash, it's been told to me (from AiM USA) that these where designed in conjunction with Kawasaki Europe.

As for the 2019 motor in the 2020 bike, I think we will see a very large change in this area. Reverse rotation and a dry clutch are my "wishes" but we'll see I guess. They should also update the chassis since it's getting a bit dated. The desmotronic valve train is going to be the hardest thing to match since pneumatic isn't really good street option! They DESPERATLY need some midrange from that motor. I think we'll see variable valves/cam wizardry. But to reach the 16K rpms without the desmo system or pneumatic is going to be a tall order. Also what about variable intake runners/stacks?

There's so much that HASN"T been done with that motor and it's still very competitive. I think they just need to improve about 10% in 5 or 6 different places and KRT will be fighting an even battle next year.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"There’s a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #3 of 32 Old 06-17-2019, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonmarine View Post
I agree with a lot of the above. As I've been working with my AiM MXK10 dash, it's been told to me (from AiM USA) that these where designed in conjunction with Kawasaki Europe.

As for the 2019 motor in the 2020 bike, I think we will see a very large change in this area. Reverse rotation and a dry clutch are my "wishes" but we'll see I guess. They should also update the chassis since it's getting a bit dated. The desmotronic valve train is going to be the hardest thing to match since pneumatic isn't really good street option! They DESPERATLY need some midrange from that motor. I think we'll see variable valves/cam wizardry. But to reach the 16K rpms without the desmo system or pneumatic is going to be a tall order. Also what about variable intake runners/stacks?

There's so much that HASN"T been done with that motor and it's still very competitive. I think they just need to improve about 10% in 5 or 6 different places and KRT will be fighting an even battle next year.
Good Point...
I forgot to mention variable intake stacks, and variable valves. I figured they would either use non VVT or something. The engine have so much more potential. If they do go the pneumatic route of some sorts...im sure it would only be on the limited edition.

We know he said they have the Moto GP ZX-RR bike to pull from (798cc in 2008) and it also uses the pneumatic valves....
Here is the ZX-RR spect sheet that we can see some possible tech/items they can pull. Most of that 2008 tech is close to modern tech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasa...Specifications
Neonmarine likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
I don't see pneumatic being an option for a street bike. It's like an electric car, always needing a charge...

"There’s a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #5 of 32 Old 06-17-2019, 05:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

They gotta find 25 horse, it will be lighter internals less friction variable cams and inlet stacks I expect we will see a different bore and stroke but a straight four. If your throwing 18k out the window and building too 40k its achievable but there not gonna tame it with showa were gonna see ohlins and carbon wheels with a lighter frame more in line with Suzuki GP, and of course winglets to keep it down. There is also the possibility that kawa will shock the world and be the first to use electric valves, who the fuck needs all the inertia of cams chains and springs ehh.
post #6 of 32 Old 06-18-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

hmmmm electric valves..... wonder how reliable they can be and for how long?

and Oh yeah...How can I forget the wings....

post #7 of 32 Old 06-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
So, my question is if F1 or MotoGP has not yet started using this, then why would Kawasaki even consider the hassle? Not to mention the added weight of the solenoids, bigger rectifier to keep the charge in the battery topped off and a larger battery...

The only thing that makes economical sense for Kawasaki is variable cams or valves. Most likely cams timing (again) due to the extra components for variable valve setup. Something like Suzuki would be a good start. Yes, there is a difference in hardware between a VTEC (Honda variable cam profile) and a ACVS (Subaru variable cam timing) system. Right now, Suzuki is using basically a the same thing as the ACVS that you see in the Subaru STi's and other manufacturers. This alters cam timing, rather than switching cam profiles like the BMW S1000RR (aka Honda VTEC).

And yes...please wings!!!

post #8 of 32 Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

wingssssssssssssssssss

Neonmarine likes this.

post #9 of 32 Old 06-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
wingssssssssssssssssss

Unless your racing or flying you don't need wingssss.

Just my humble opinion for whatever thats worth

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #10 of 32 Old 06-18-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Unless your racing or flying you don't need wingssss.

Just my humble opinion for whatever thats worth
The speculations we spoke about were basically on the wsbk limited bike...that could run up to $40,000.

We do not "need" 75% of the gizmos and gadgets on the bikes.
YSR50 and Neonmarine like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in