Advertisement

post #222 of 265 Old 02-18-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz96 View Post
Well... new track record???
Man....it was a suck week. Putting the final touches on the bike and got a mysterious no-fire. Made calls, researched, pulled the harness apart and could not figure it out. Drove to KWS Saturday and after an hour poking around with Mike, left it there for some more upgrades. 30mins down the ride, he calls me with the bike running...switched the plug for my data cable and the RH switch. SMH.

But on the bright side, I’ll have her back, stronger than ever by the April Tally round!

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"There’s a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #223 of 265 Old 02-18-2019, 03:10 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Sorry to hear that brother.. At least its fixed! I will be at Tally 4/20 for WERA and hopefully we can bump some elbows! You gonna make the March 8th event with STT? Sounds to me like you need a test an tune day haha.
Neonmarine likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 265 Old 02-18-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well I'm planning on being there, but on my RC390 instead. Michael won't have the KIT ECU/Harness installed by then. He's backlogged about 5-6 bikes.

"There’s a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #225 of 265 Old 02-18-2019, 06:56 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonmarine View Post
Well I'm planning on being there, but on my RC390 instead. Michael won't have the KIT ECU/Harness installed by then. He's backlogged about 5-6 bikes.
Well it will be good to finally get together at the track anyways. Happy to hear your bike is in good hands. Still sucks about the opener but plenty of season left! I'll have a cold one ready for ya at Tally!
Neonmarine likes this.
post #226 of 265 Old 03-09-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well, was given a lead on a used KIT ECU setup from a buddy and dropped the $900 to get it sent to KWS as quickly as possible. They guys there are doing a 0.55mm headgasket and retiming the stock cams. Estimated 210+hp on MR12 and about 205 on 93 oct pump gas. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks!

post #227 of 265 Old 03-11-2019, 07:41 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Sounds like a pretty solid power gain. 0.55 is definitely thin but they sell em' in the part's manual so it should work fine and I think I've read people on here getting away with 0.55 just fine. Good luck!
Neonmarine likes this.

When in doubt... send it!
post #228 of 265 Old 03-27-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage

Michael at KWS sent me some photos of the motor while he’s swapping the HG. Seems like the factory Gen5 chain and chain guide is garbage, he always swaps back to the Gen4 tensioner guide which never have an issue. Also he’s putting in an APE chain tensioner
CanyonCarver likes this.

Last edited by Neonmarine; 03-27-2019 at 07:58 PM.
post #229 of 265 Old 04-14-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage

Drove to Charleston South Carolina to pick up the bike from KWS Motorsports. Motor is now working as it should, new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator since the stock parts had some miles on them. The bike is about as good as I can afford at the moment! It's turning out over 200hp on pump gas and has a full Kit ECU setup installed for electronic needs. By the way, having NO EXTRA wiring BS is so nice!

Been training as much as I can (family and collage take a higher priority). But my YZ85 minimoto has been out a couple times and with the help of certain forum member here...I've been pointed in a better direction for improving my riding.

Next Friday is the practice day before the WERA race weekend at Little Tally near Leeds, Alabama. Can't wait to see where I stack up to the other guys on the grid!
wheelz96 likes this.

post #230 of 265 Old 04-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
In the same boat brother and look forward to gridding up with you in the superbike race!

See ya soon man!
Neonmarine likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gen5, racebuild, superbike, wera racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in