Oh mama.
Neonmarine likes this.

When in doubt... send it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 266 Old 01-28-2019, 03:40 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

What's the part numbers for those sweet drilled axle pinch pro-bolts? Where did you source them out? #want

I'd love to see a pic of them installed so I can see how far they protrude out. I keep wanting to get a set of pinch bolts that I can put a pin through, rather than running safety wire each wheel swap. For it to happen, it has to protrude just far enough though. I hope these pro-bolts do that.
post #203 of 266 Old 01-28-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
What's the part numbers for those sweet drilled axle pinch pro-bolts? Where did you source them out? #want

I'd love to see a pic of them installed so I can see how far they protrude out. I keep wanting to get a set of pinch bolts that I can put a pin through, rather than running safety wire each wheel swap. For it to happen, it has to protrude just far enough though. I hope these pro-bolts do that.

I don't think they will work with an R-clip...still gotta wire it after a wheel removal.
Lanister likes this.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 266 Old 01-28-2019, 06:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonmarine View Post

I don't think they will work with an R-clip...still gotta wire it after a wheel removal.
Thanks for that! I've seen someone on this forum put a few mm thick spacer under the bolt head and it moved it forward enough to make it happen. I do wonder if maybe it would call for a 40mm length or 35mm will still be enough.
post #205 of 266 Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
40mm is all about the thread length, so unfortunately this wonít work. You need the socket head redesigned to make it work like you want.

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #206 of 266 Old 01-29-2019, 05:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonmarine View Post
40mm is all about the thread length, so unfortunately this wonít work. You need the socket head redesigned to make it work like you want.
I just checked it out with 40mm bolts and those would be unnecessarily long. 35mm would be fine. If you get like a 2-3mm spacer/washer underneath, they would move the heads out enough to put a pin through. Looking at the pic you posted, 2-3mm is most you would need with these drilled pro-bolts.

The challenge now is to find the right type of cotter hairpin that can go through both bolts at once. Maybe I can just make one. Certainly tempting to do as I really hate having to safety wire these things all the time, especially when I'm in a hurry to change wheels at a race weekend.
Neonmarine likes this.
post #207 of 266 Old 01-29-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Maybe Kurveygirl.com? They have lots of R-clips in various sizes.

post #208 of 266 Old 01-30-2019, 02:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I just checked it out with 40mm bolts and those would be unnecessarily long. 35mm would be fine. If you get like a 2-3mm spacer/washer underneath, they would move the heads out enough to put a pin through. Looking at the pic you posted, 2-3mm is most you would need with these drilled pro-bolts.

The challenge now is to find the right type of cotter hairpin that can go through both bolts at once. Maybe I can just make one. Certainly tempting to do as I really hate having to safety wire these things all the time, especially when I'm in a hurry to change wheels at a race weekend.
Did this on my 2012 bike. Small spacers with safety clips, wired to the Woodcraft axle protectors. Found an old photo with stock forks, which shows them alright. Harder to see on the 2016 with the Ohlins forks, with the bolt heads pointing down.

As NeonMarine said, I bought a wide variety of those clips from Julie at KurveyGirl.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3012cropped.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	420873  
Lanister and Neonmarine like this.

Last edited by CanyonCarver; 01-30-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: KurveyGirl
post #209 of 266 Old 01-30-2019, 02:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have all types of clips from KurveyGirl, they sort of work but none are ideal. What I would like to do is not have a clip go through one bolt but a long hair-style-pin go through both. KurveyGurl clips are not long enough to do that, as you can see from the picture. I actually just realized that I can make a clip of my choosing out of a basic large paper-clip. Stand by :)
Neonmarine likes this.
post #210 of 266 Old 01-30-2019, 03:03 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I have all types of clips from KurveyGirl, they sort of work but none are ideal. What I would like to do is not have a clip go through one bolt but a long hair-style-pin go through both. KurveyGurl clips are not long enough to do that, as you can see from the picture. I actually just realized that I can make a clip of my choosing out of a basic large paper-clip. Stand by :)
FWIW, the clip in my photo does go through both of the pinch bolts...
Neonmarine likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gen5, racebuild, superbike, wera racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in