Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1st Ride Impressions-07 10r from 05 10r

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Kawtipping 
#1 ·
Finally got some spare time to ride my new 10. Suited up and headed off, did the Mototune break in and then hit some curves. WOW:eek: :rockwoot: I am completely blown away by the difference between this bike and my 05. Night and day in the handling department. After all the BS media saying the new 10 was more docile and less exciting I was a little worried that I wouldn't enjoy the new 10 as much as my 05. WRONG, the cornering and flickability are so much different. The breaks still seem a bit vague and will need some work, but that's the only fault I can find. The screen is a bit low and will be replaced soon with a DB. I think I'll call the old lady that rearended me and thank her for making me buy an 07. For all you 04/05 skeptics, just try it once. I can almost promise you that the new machine is just as raw and yet refined in the handling department. I removed all but a 1/4" of chicken strips on my 1st ride, I can't wait to get comfortable with this bike.:zx_green: And to think, I almost bought a Gixxer:headshake

#3 ·
And to think, I almost bought a Gixxer:headshake
Nice! Glad you like it, I love my 06. Just wait till you dial in the suspension and get tires. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE] What tires seem to be the cats ass on the new bike? The Dunlops didn't feel all that bad, maybe a slight tendancy to fall in. And we all know stock tires and after market tires aren't the same. How do the Pilot Powers affect the bikes handling? I really can't imagine what could make this thing better, besides maybe Ohlins and Brembos.

#4 ·
pp 2cts changed the world for me... in a beautiful way.

#5 ·
How much better? I ran PPs on my 05 for a Much improved cornering experience, but even in stock form the Dunlops feel pretty good, and that's sayin a lot for Dunlop.

PS- this bike is the SHIT:love10:

#11 ·
Well, IMO...
my 06 handled well with the stock dunlops on but after I put the pp's on I realized that it used to feel like a truck. :dontknow:

#9 ·
Definately feels smaller. At 6'2" I feel a little cramped, kneees to elbows, but it feels like I can get more leverage from the tank and pegs in corners. At this point I can safely say I do not miss my 05, well maybe a little.

#12 ·
My 06 came from it's previous owner with Metzlers. Though I haven't had a chance to take it into corners all that much, they are a hell of a tire so far. Then again, I am slightly biased...I hate Dunlops! They take to long to get grip, and then tend to fall off quick when they get a little to hot for their own good. I have always loved how a Pirelli seemed consistent from cold to overworked...and the Metzler seems to be very similar...then again it should, being that they are both owned by the same company! I have yet to get on a bike with PPs and ride it hard. Though standard street riding does not faze them like the Dunlops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.