08: The feeling
Last night on my way home from work I had a revelation!
Somehow everything about the 2008 10R was absolutely spot on:
- The controls are where you'd expect them to be
- The seating position is very comfy and "protected"
- It feels like you're gripping directly on the front wheel axel, the feel of control is complete
- It feels like the feet are resting on the rear wheel axel, total control.
- The breaks are spot on. You know what to expect and stoppies comes everywhere.
- The engine is just right. No need to look at the rpms. You know where you are.
- You guess the speed pretty correctly
- Where you see, you end up. It's effortless to ride the bike
I have problems describing it, but it was like I was one with the bike.
It's like the bike is mind-controlled.
Took me about 2300km (1400 miles). I have experienced similar feelings on other bikes (Aprilia RSV, and the TL1000S), but not this fast and as total as this.
I officially love the 2008 ZX-10R.