Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

07 Frame and Fuel Tank Compatibility

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kwak_dk 
#1 ·
Hey, I wanted to make sure an '06 fuel tank will fit in an 07 frame. And is there already a thread that discusses which parts are cross-compatible between model years?

I'm working on a rebuild project, so it'd be nice to have that kind of knowledge base. Thanks for the help.

#5 ·
Hello everyone :)

I got a 07 model and was wondering if the new tanks I.E a 20018 model would fit? Ivé found some old threads about the missing (and sorely wanted) fuelgauge, but none of them has any recent replies. So I hope its ok I "bump" this up?

My plan is to get a tank with a sensor in it and then buy some after-market gauge, so I don´t run out of fuel because I forget how long ago I last filled it up :D

#6 ·
Hell of a thread bump! :ayyy:

No, the newer 2016+ tanks won't fit the older models. And, the tanks don't have a level sensor in them that will give you the full level. Then the fuel drops to a certain point, it flips a switch that turns the light on. IT's not an accurate reading and hooking it up to an aftermarket fuel indicator won't give you what you're looking for. None of the ZX-10 models have a fuel level indicator. It's a low fuel light on all of them.

Every time you fill the tank up, reset trip meter A and that will give you the distance traveled since last fill up. Easy to resolve with what you already have.

Reactions: Kwak_dk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.