The wheelie..how to section.. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to NinjSeba Send a message via Yahoo to NinjSeba
The wheelie..how to section..

I am gonna be the first to start a thread on doing wheelies and if you have no interest in stunting and learning please go find another section to participate in. There is not need for haters nobody wants or needs to hear from someone that is anti-stunting in this section. I will be doing editing to this thread as I find more suitable vids to add. REMEMEBER, MOST IF NOT ALL THESE VIDS ARE EXAMPLES ON A 600CC BIKE, FOR LITER BIKES USE 2ND GEAR..NOT FIRST WHEN STARTING OUT..AGAIN, USE SECOND GEAR EVEN WHEN THE PERSON ON THE VIDEO TALKS ABOUT 1'ST GEAR.
If you already are able to do wheelies, then this thread isn't for you..

Ok now these first vids are by real stunters teaching other riders who want to learn to stunt to do it.

The videos below are for doing a clutch wheelies and are not by pros, they are just everyday riders learning and trying to explain it in their own words..

This is the part two of this guy's wheelie video.

This is DoubleT90T's vids on doing wheelies, Learn as he discusses different ways to doing wheelies and learn as he practices.
Depending on where you grew up and your method of learning this guy talks rather in good ol boy sounding english even tho he isn't old..

REMEMEBER, MOST IF NOT ALL THESE VIDS ARE EXAMPLES ON A 600CC BIKE, FOR LITER BIKES USE 2ND GEAR..NOT FIRST WHEN STARTING OUT..AGAIN, USE SECOND GEAR EVEN WHEN THE PERSON ON THE VIDEO TALKS ABOUT 1'ST GEAR.

Part two

bak likes this.

Last edited by NinjSeba; 08-27-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I like seeing wheelies done by others, in person, video just doesn't do it for me. I respect the skill required to do wheelies. I'd love to learn how but I don't have a bike for that. I'm just not going to do it with bikes I'm making payments on. I'm just afraid of ruining my forks. Some day though.........
post #3 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

the only wheelies i do are accidental coming out of corners at the track. if i do a wheelie on the street, it's even more accidental. the only piece of advice that everyone should always do is cover your rear brake.

you know how to really wheelie? just wait for that yut UUGGHH ;)

Last edited by nakedinseattle; 08-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

id welcome stunt guys over in the drag area or anywhere really. thought we were above flaming on this forum. hate the whole "this section isnt for you" segregation thing. just has a bad feel to it. should be "c'mon in everybody" lol.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
post #5 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
id welcome stunt guys over in the drag area or anywhere really. thought we were above flaming on this forum. hate the whole "this section isnt for you" segregation thing. just has a bad feel to it. should be "c'mon in everybody" lol.
most drag and track guys don't shut down freeways with their shenanigans
post #6 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
the only wheelies i do are accidental coming out of corners at the track. if i do a wheelie on the street, it's even more accidental. the only piece of advice that everyone should always do is cover your rear brake.

Covering rear brake is definitely smart, I never did and have quite a few "Loops" to show for it, lol.

I don't see anything wrong w/watching videos and reading as much as you can to try to understand the mechanics of the wheelie but it's been said a million times...You cant teach stunting.
It's just one of those things you have to learn and eventually master on ure own...or not.
Only room for one person on the bike and performing a "Textbook wheelie" is no easy task.
Probably the best and fastest way to master the wheelie ie "Balance point" is to practice on a "Fiddy" or dirtbike.
Balance point is the goal, period! Getting the bike up and into the balance point as quickly, yet slowly (Speed wise) as possible is key.
You mentioned 2nd gear correctly as far as performing a controlled wheelie, but it's a little harder to do as you don't have the benefit of 1st gear torque.
I highly recommend gearing up ure sprockets to assist in that torque pull.
I'm one of the minorities that pretty much learned to wheelie w/out clutching it up.
Don't get me wrong, I can clutch em up but I got so good at "Powering up" wheelies that I really never needed to.
My buddies used to trip at how fast I could snatch it up to full bp w/out clutching up...almost from a dead stop.
Of course I'm on e of the few who never covered rear brake either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
I agree, I get the point you were trying to make but it just came off as rude or argumentative.
I dealt with a shit ton of negativity years ago on TSB in regards to stunting on the street and gear issues...that's where the line needs to be drawn.
"If you don't approve or agree" just don't click the stunt section.
Not "If ure not a stunter or interested in stunting don't click here".
Melampus likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 01:45 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sub'd.

Wheelies, stoppies, and stunts in general have never really been my thing as it'd be my luck to wipe out, cause big damage to my 10r, and then not get to enjoy riding until it's fixed.

However, I do like to practice a couple wheelies a day and I can clutch up fairly decent and ride them out a ways, but no where near balance point. I would love to get good at them, but am not going to risk totaling my 10r for it. I'll get a junk 600 sometime to thrash around.

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
post #8 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

of the 6 threads in this section, Brocha is in four of them. I will tell him to join the forum so he can take over lol
post #9 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 04:39 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post

Oh dear gawd! Aaaannnddd here it is!!!!

http://youtu.be/Dx4F94DnATY
post #10 of 12 Old 08-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangoleer View Post
Oh dear gawd! Aaaannnddd here it is!!!!

http://youtu.be/Dx4F94DnATY
that one is CLASSIC!!!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in