LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 Old 08-26-2013, 02:32 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosh69 View Post
Im confused???

The Sarah Lezito and the wheelie guy ditching the cop have been posted on the forum a long time ago. That's all I'm saying. It's my personal mission to keep reposts off this site.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 08-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post

The Sarah Lezito and the wheelie guy ditching the cop have been posted on the forum a long time ago. That's all I'm saying. It's my personal mission to keep reposts off this site.
Oh I gottcha.
2 questions or points:
Since we now have a "Stunt" section wouldn't be an exception to that rule?
Also what's the downside to reposts, just curious?
post #33 of 39 Old 08-26-2013, 06:00 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to NinjSeba Send a message via Yahoo to NinjSeba
Quote:
There's definitely some reposting going on in here. :headshake

We want new pics and vids, not the same old rehashed stuff. I'm watching.....
why only new stuff?, what is old to us today is often times new to people just coming on to the site or buying a bike so just because you have seen it before and you got here back in 2006, remember new members who have never been here arrive weekly if not daily. It would make more sense to say every member today is banned from returning after one year because they have seen everything once.. lol Lets not ever use that opion, if its a repost then remember, its not to many.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Reposts generate multiple discussions, hog bandwidth, and make it confusing for people when they search to find concise information they are looking for. It's not a bad thing to revisit a topic, but it's best to restart an existing thread to continue the topic or link back to thread already on here.

Mostly it's just a joke though. But seriously, I hate reposts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #35 of 39 Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjSeba View Post
why only new stuff?, what is old to us today is often times new to people just coming on to the site or buying a bike so just because you have seen it before and you got here back in 2006, remember new members who have never been here arrive weekly if not daily. It would make more sense to say every member today is banned from returning after one year because they have seen everything once.. lol Lets not ever use that opion, if its a repost then remember, its not to many.
Quote:
Reposts generate multiple discussions, hog bandwidth, and make it confusing for people when they search to find concise information they are looking for. It's not a bad thing to revisit a topic, but it's best to restart an existing thread to continue the topic or link back to thread already on here.

Mostly it's just a joke though. But seriously, I hate reposts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
My Take Repost are ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN......I really pay no attention to reposts unless it's very new and see many of them running around the forum at the same time and makes the Forum look messy and not Moderated what so ever.....at that point they need to be combined to one Thread it's called a MERGE for Moderators....if someone reposts something even a year later I pay no attention to it but there are exceptions when it gets confusing depending on subject, time and Forum it was started in....just saying. but as SkyDork said he is the Repost Moderator but for the most part it's just a joke and a little heads up to those doing the reposts we have a search button on this site.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #36 of 39 Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjSeba View Post
why only new stuff?, what is old to us today is often times new to people just coming on to the site or buying a bike so just because you have seen it before and you got here back in 2006, remember new members who have never been here arrive weekly if not daily.
Mutiny!

So you mods created the stunt section, and this is what happens in the first thread.
post #37 of 39 Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to NinjSeba Send a message via Yahoo to NinjSeba
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
My Take Repost are ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN......I really pay no attention to reposts unless it's very new and see many of them running around the forum at the same time and makes the Forum look messy and not Moderated what so ever.....at that point they need to be combined to one Thread it's called a MERGE for Moderators....if someone reposts something even a year later I pay no attention to it but there are exceptions when it gets confusing depending on subject, time and Forum it was started in....just saying. but as SkyDork said he is the Repost Moderator but for the most part it's just a joke and a little heads up to those doing the reposts we have a search button on this site.

Bloo
okay okay, my thinking is why have doctors in the real world, we can search google on internet for everything.. just an analogy
post #38 of 39 Old 08-27-2013, 12:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosh69 View Post
1st off...AWESOME DECISION GUYS!!!! I really think a STUNT SECTION can bring a little flavor the the site and if nothing else a little entertainment for the guys who've never really had an opportunity or real motivation to go look for it.
I quit actively stunting a few years ago but I still have alot of friends in the scene and guess you can say stilla kinda have my "Thumb on the pulse".
Just to clarify and avoid confusion (And correct me if I'm wrong), this is more like the "Stunt thread" than the stunt section.
Which is fine and certainly an improvement. The only downside to just having a thread instead of an actual section is the comments and may get jumbles and lost as to individual pics/vids and discussions...make sense?

Anyway...I'll start off w/a few pics and vids.
I have to get ready for work so it's gonna be more video links than pics but I will step up and contribute to this thread as mush as time allows as promised.
This first is my buddy Jesse Toler, a really nice, incredibly talented guy from Tampa, Fl who has gained international recognition in the stunt world and beyond with his Guiness book of world record stoppie!
http://youtu.be/pGwvBxX7Soc I just saw that vid for the 1st time and it's one of his best imo.
http://youtu.be/ZhevDrLog68 This is one the gnarliest drift videos ever, again my dog Jesse.
http://youtu.be/9tfs-ccC5xk You saw it!!! 1,320+ feet on the front wheel, lifted at 150 MF'n mph.
I dont know about you guys but stoppies terrify me!!!
Slamming that front brake at 150 mph and controlling that bitch like walking the dog for like 3 football fields (my math is horrible, lol) is INSANE!!!!

This is me on the 954 back in the day...

And the 929 stunter...my favorite shot ever taken on a cell phone!!! Little spreader (Side note, I never advanced to a hand brake...everyone thought I was nuts doing spreaders and past BP wheelied w/no hand brake.
That world record stoppie was fuggin incredible. I remember watching that vid and wondering what that must be like at those speeds. Major props on that. Very sick.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
post #39 of 39 Old 02-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post

Post up
As you can see I am new to this Forum do you mind moving this over here. I feel like there will be a lot of questions I could answer........or do you want me to just start a new one? https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204529
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in