No stunt section? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I love stunt riding and watching it etc. but I don't think there needs to be a place on the forum for a bike that is very rarely stunted. There are plenty of stunting forums for that. I don't think maybe three members need their own section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedZX10R View Post
I love stunt riding and watching it etc. but I don't think there needs to be a place on the forum for a bike that is very rarely stunted. There are plenty of stunting forums for that. I don't think maybe three members need their own section
Maybe we should clean house then. The ZX Network section has 9 sections that sees no activity. Ok to have those nine but not one more?

2016 GSX-S1000
08 10r Sold
post #23 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
Maybe we should clean house then. The ZX Network section has 9 sections that sees no activity. Ok to have those nine but not one more?
1.) What 9 are those? Just curious.

2.) I vote yes. For the most part Im not a stunter fan. I have mad respect for the skills they have. I respect the work it takes to learn it. The dents, dings, cuts, road rash, stitches, casts and general soreness from the crashing and for the life of me I wish I could do a mad stoppie. This is a ZX-10R forum and if there are 10R stunters out there then they should be more than welcome here to share in the community and knowledge base here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
If there's enough positive replies for one, I can make it happen

No, we're not going to make infinite unused sections. YSR has said he'll do if there's enough support for it. Ummmkay?

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #25 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

+ 1

With all the talk yesterday about the site not being active I think this could be a great way to give members something new to talk about.

- dm, community support
post #26 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 02:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
+ 1

with all the talk yesterday about the site not being active i think this could be a great way to give members something new to talk about.

- dm, community support

2016 GSX-S1000
08 10r Sold
post #27 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 02:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
1.) What 9 are those? Just curious.

2.) I vote yes. For the most part Im not a stunter fan. I have mad respect for the skills they have. I respect the work it takes to learn it. The dents, dings, cuts, road rash, stitches, casts and general soreness from the crashing and for the life of me I wish I could do a mad stoppie. This is a ZX-10R forum and if there are 10R stunters out there then they should be more than welcome here to share in the community and knowledge base here.
See, most didnt even know they were there haha. Im not recommending to get rid of those, I was replying to Inkedzx10r's comment on 3 members needing their own forum.

2016 GSX-S1000
08 10r Sold
post #28 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to NinjSeba Send a message via Yahoo to NinjSeba
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
as long as it doesn't flood the forum with a buncha bro crap that goes along with stunters i'm all for it, i think stunting is stupid but i respect the skill required to do it. my main issue is most stunters are tools, douchebags or bro's.

also, the zx10r isn't usually stunted because they tend to break apart easily from stunting, gen 1's cracked welds like they were gsxrs
you are right, but usually they gotta be modded like crazy, try it on a new bike and it will turn out bad.. I don't stunt at all and never did, never was my thing however if there is a segment of the zx-10 owners that use them for stunting there is no reason a site for that type of rider should be prevented from being discussed on the ZX-10R.Net site, I mean the site is not for old riders or guys that just ride to work and home or the track, there was no mention of that, its for any and all riders or anyone that enjoys the zx-10r..that would include stunters.. its only fair.. At the same time it does not mean they don't have rules and conduct expectations, no exceptions. Either way even this thread alone is a good start at seeing where the site could be more inclusive.
post #29 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
There is always questions about wheelies etc. Its a part of a lot of peoples riding habits. A stunt section would be a good spot for that.
People talk about wheelies every now and then, but that's pretty much where it ends. I haven't seen any discussions about any other stunts (but I don't read everything here). I suspect that there may be a FAQ "1. How do I wheelie? 2. How do I stoppie?", and then an occasional post once per season. Maybe someone could create a poll, but not like "are you ok with a stunt section?", and instead "if there was a stunting section, would you actively participate in it?"
post #30 of 48 Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

honestly what's gonna happen either way? it works out, or it doesn't, and gets closed down. so why not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in