Jason Britton is a really cool guy. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-08-2014, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up Jason Britton is a really cool guy.

I went to the progressive motorcycle show today. The stunt show was sponsored by Kawasaki so they had Jason Britton and Eric I don't know his last name performing. I've seen a few stunt shows in my day. Normally I get bored after about 5 minutes but these guys were awesome.

Afterwards they were signing autographs so we went to get one on a shirt my son won earlier. I asked if we could also get a picture. They said of course. So we went around the desk and got a nice picture. As we were walking back around my two year old son saw Jason Britton's bottle of water. He said "Daddy water" and reached for it. I said "No, that's Mr.Britton's water.". Then the little stinker looked at Jason Britton and said "Water please". Jason didn't hesitate grabbed the water and handed it to my son with a smile. I tried to politely turn it down but he insisted and gave my son his bottle of water. Then after the autograph session he was walking around the show talking to people.

It's always cool seeing celebrities that aren't too cool to hang out around normal people. But it's really cool when you meet one that is a genuinely nice and cool person. Jason Britton is one of them.

Last edited by cooter; 11-08-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
That's awesome

Bear Jew
post #3 of 16 Old 11-08-2014, 10:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I met him at a show here in Houston. Really cool guy. He had two bikes, a 636 and Gen 4. I noticed he didn't do circles on the 10 so I asked him about it. Towards the end of the show he hopped on the 10 and signaled to me while he was doing a circle wheelie on the 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-08-2014, 10:58 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Jason Britton is a really cool guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
I met him at a show here in Houston. Really cool guy. He had two bikes, a 636 and Gen 4. I noticed he didn't do circles on the 10 so I asked him about it. Towards the end of the show he hopped on the 10 and signaled to me while he was doing a circle wheelie on the 10.
that's bad ass. That dude is good man. I miss that TV show he had for a bit. "Stealth Riders" I think? He had that 636 for a while, and I remember the episode where he got his 10R and put it to work right away.

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
post #5 of 16 Old 11-09-2014, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

He said that he loved doing the TV shows but the problem was "we wanted to do it one way but we couldn't because the producers are in charge".
post #6 of 16 Old 11-09-2014, 12:24 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yeah I could see that bein a pain. They were all gorilla style on the locations. The Grand Canyon episode was really cool. Pretty sure they got hassled there though and couldn't stay long. Must have gotten a lot of heat filming that whole show.

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-09-2014, 01:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

He really is a cool guy, saw him perform at bike week earlier this year and he loves his fans.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-09-2014, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
He really is a cool guy, saw him perform at bike week earlier this year and he loves his fans.
The other guy Eric was really cool too. During the stunt show Jason seemed to keep to a planned routine. Eric kept playing to the crowd. If he noticed a younger kid in the crowd or someone with their phone out he would do a stunt in front of them and make eye contact. I had my son on my shoulders and even though we were at the less crowded far side of the stunt area that they pretty much only used to build speed for a trick at the other side of the arena Eric did multiple stunts in front of us. My son loved it. I just wish he could make the connection between the guys doing the stunts and the same guys signing autographs.

On a side note they had some sweet tricks on dropping the kickstand while the bike is moving and then parking it.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
did they do the soda can trick at all? I always love that one when they dont get it on the first try.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-09-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimal_rage View Post
did they do the soda can trick at all? I always love that one when they dont get it on the first try.
No but Eric kept doing endos and spinning around and stopping with his rear tire on the barricade. They were bunny hopping the bikes which was pretty cool. One of the cool things they would do is they'd do a trick a then put the kickstand down and at the end of the trick they'd let the bike fall onto the kickstand while they were still standing on the tank or sitting backwards it was pretty cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in