Honestly - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Not been here, but can say that stunters that know the bike are good. Not just about wheelies but really doing the homework and the pia of fixing up the bike all the time.

That kinda stuff stays with a person forever. And no one can take that from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 11-13-2013, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_sti View Post
I bow to you all mighty. I get what you're saying for the most part. I contribute to the forum by trying to help others with any smidgen of knowledge I might have in a certain subject. Be it in this particular section or not. Lets agree to disagree, you don't like it, and have the power to do something then get rid of it. It seems like it really effects you, and you genuinely care about its existence. Give her DAS BOOT.
not trying to change anyones opinions, just voicing mine is all :) this section got opened in a thread like this, got the ball rolling to give it a test, just getting the ball rolling on ending the test! if thats not popular opinion it's all well and good by me, just seeing what everyone else thinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Not been here, but can say that stunters that know the bike are good. Not just about wheelies but really doing the homework and the pia of fixing up the bike all the time.

That kinda stuff stays with a person forever. And no one can take that from them.
not to take away from the amount of skill and know how it takes to stunt, i can't do it, not knockin the thing, just that thing shouldnt be here :P
post #13 of 29 Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I realize this thread is old but what if someone Actually has a fully setup zx10 for the lot and does/has a full build thread on it, would that make it more interesting? and i am not talking about some clapped out no fairing shitbox stunt bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I think it's cool to have just because people can see a lot of cool shit stunters or non stunters post about it. Not to mention the wealth of knowledge a lot of them have. For the most part the don't post some stupid thread on how to take the front cowling off or how to take a bar end off. They figure shit out and then help others with it. Stay or go, don't matter. But everyone knows they like to see a stunter doing ridiculous shit that we all know we wouldn't have the balls to try.

"Never shoot a large caliber man, with a small caliber bullet."

GEN 3: "Stock"

2009 crf 450r
post #15 of 29 Old 02-11-2014, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirny6 View Post
I realize this thread is old but what if someone Actually has a fully setup zx10 for the lot and does/has a full build thread on it, would that make it more interesting? and i am not talking about some clapped out no fairing shitbox stunt bike
of course it would. however, they're few and far between. and on top of that, most stunterzZzZzz can't get over their bro-ness long enough to sit down and type at a computer. but if one did, i always respect good workmanship

Quote:
Originally Posted by harobikes167 View Post
I think it's cool to have just because people can see a lot of cool shit stunters or non stunters post about it. Not to mention the wealth of knowledge a lot of them have. For the most part the don't post some stupid thread on how to take the front cowling off or how to take a bar end off. They figure shit out and then help others with it. Stay or go, don't matter. But everyone knows they like to see a stunter doing ridiculous shit that we all know we wouldn't have the balls to try.
yeah it takes balls, but also a will/desire to do that. if i had the time and money sure i'd do that. however i just like to go fast, and a wheelie, isn't the most efficient way of accelerating. stoppies into corners, are bad things. when my tire is sliding, i dont have traction and cant corner as fast, so, all of these skills they have, don't do it for me. nor do i have the time or money.

i'd like for this section to work if some responsible...ok semi-responsible...well, mature..maturish...adults, k whatever, if non douchebags contributed to the stunt forum in a matter that was actually constructive and productive. posting youtube videos on how to wheelie aint really cutting it. and as it's biggest hater i'm also it's biggest contributor, i'd love for this section to work out, but when the mad tyte skilzlz showz up wit hiz boyz showin his hot vids of blockin traffic, they can shove off as far as i'm concerned.
post #16 of 29 Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
of course it would. however, they're few and far between. and on top of that, most stunterzZzZzz can't get over their bro-ness long enough to sit down and type at a computer. but if one did, i always respect good workmanship

yeah it takes balls, but also a will/desire to do that. if i had the time and money sure i'd do that. however i just like to go fast, and a wheelie, isn't the most efficient way of accelerating. stoppies into corners, are bad things. when my tire is sliding, i dont have traction and cant corner as fast, so, all of these skills they have, don't do it for me. nor do i have the time or money.

i'd like for this section to work if some responsible...ok semi-responsible...well, mature..maturish...adults, k whatever, if non douchebags contributed to the stunt forum in a matter that was actually constructive and productive. posting youtube videos on how to wheelie aint really cutting it. and as it's biggest hater i'm also it's biggest contributor, i'd love for this section to work out, but when the mad tyte skilzlz showz up wit hiz boyz showin his hot vids of blockin traffic, they can shove off as far as i'm concerned.
well i know you say that those skills don't help you with anything but believe it or not it really helps a rider to become well rounded....you should've seen peoples faces at the track when they saw how fast i was with high boy bars and a windscreen chopped to my gauges they kept trying to move me up but i said no because novice was empty.....my whole reason for coming to this forum was to change the pace from how ridiculous the stunt forums get. I only hope to help some guys out and i have plenty of pretty decent pics and videos just waiting to post them......also i will say this unless you have been riding in a parking lot for a good amount of time and have pretty damn good skill i do not recommend the 1000 in the lot lol
post #17 of 29 Old 02-11-2014, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
well i know you say that those skills don't help you with anything but believe it or not it really helps a rider to become well rounded....you should've seen peoples faces at the track when they saw how fast i was with high boy bars and a windscreen chopped to my gauges they kept trying to move me up but i said no because novice was empty.....my whole reason for coming to this forum was to change the pace from how ridiculous the stunt forums get. I only hope to help some guys out and i have plenty of pretty decent pics and videos just waiting to post them......also i will say this unless you have been riding in a parking lot for a good amount of time and have pretty damn good skill i do not recommend the 1000 in the lot lol
that is great, open track is always awesome!

that pace of ridiculous from the stunt forums, is what we don't want either, cuz it can get outta hand fast. we're pretty much chill as cucumbers here

and yeah post up those vids n pics man! i definitely will throw some questions your way
post #18 of 29 Old 02-16-2014, 11:08 AM
back to car scene

Posting Frequency

so is there a zx10 stunt bike that isnt "clapped out"

pics please

most are like stated, junk, no bodywork, giant sprocket with dents in the frame like every other stunt bike ridden on the street
2-20 are actually worth asking into, i would love to see a well put together stunt bike

learn me

post #19 of 29 Old 02-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
We have someone on our local internet board who can ride stunt, and he's shown his face at a local road course and did pretty darn well also (once he figured out that NOT sliding around helped the tires last a whole race), AND he has his own shop and takes pride in his work - his stunt bike actually looks good! - AND he can actually put more than three properly-spelled words together when typing on the computer for all to see. Good guy. Smart guy. Very knowledgeable. BUT ... he stays with 600s!

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #20 of 29 Old 02-17-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Bring it!

We have someone on our local internet board who can ride stunt, and he's shown his face at a local road course and did pretty darn well also (once he figured out that NOT sliding around helped the tires last a whole race), AND he has his own shop and takes pride in his work - his stunt bike actually looks good! - AND he can actually put more than three properly-spelled words together when typing on the computer for all to see. Good guy. Smart guy. Very knowledgeable. BUT ... he stays with 600s!
thats awesome! is he at least on a zx6? i never knock something that takes skill, which stunting does, however the attitudes that go along with that crowd are whats annoying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in