18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driaannel View Post
Troll

I've never ridden any liter bike that wouldn't wheelie when asked, most of them will do it when not asked. No clutching required.

Perhaps the OP should get a passenger on the back and try it again. Be sure to video the whole event.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Alright guys, yes it is aftermarket by lighttech(the chain adjuster) and no this isn't my first bike but my bike before this didn't quite have the power of a liter bike. It was a Suzuki gs500f, so it was Def nowhere near the power of a liter bike. And as I said in the first post, I wanted to learn a clutch up wheelie first because I personally would feel more comfortable and it is somewhat safer. The bike will go up a few inches on its own if I'm ripping through first, but I was looking to achieve more of a slower, controlled wheelie, and hopefully learn to bring it to balance point eventually.
post #33 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 03:33 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0622763 View Post
Alright guys, yes it is aftermarket by lighttech(the chain adjuster) and no this isn't my first bike but my bike before this didn't quite have the power of a liter bike. It was a Suzuki gs500f, so it was Def nowhere near the power of a liter bike. And as I said in the first post, I wanted to learn a clutch up wheelie first because I personally would feel more comfortable and it is somewhat safer. The bike will go up a few inches on its own if I'm ripping through first, but I was looking to achieve more of a slower, controlled wheelie, and hopefully learn to bring it to balance point eventually.
To each their own, I prefer throttling the front up. I think it comes up smoother and easier and gives you the practice for controlling the throttle like you need to. First gear is fun for me. I have no problem with controlling the throttle even with a quick turn throttle and +2R gearing in first gear. If you can modulate the grip properly, you'll gain the control needed for clutching them up at faster speeds.

Confucius say....man who clutches wheelies, breaks clutch baskets.

Walk before you run grasshoppa! The slow speed stunter stuff in the parking lots you're thinking about is much harder to do than a nice 50-80mph wheelie. At the higher speeds there's more gyroscopic stability from the spinning wheelies and the aerodynamic forces.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I have the 2012 10R and I will tell you the traction control even set to #1 will not let you pop a wheelie bigger than a couple of inches off the ground. The traction control isnt just for spinning the rear wheel. It helps keep the front end down on hard accelerations. If you take off the traction control, not #1,2, or 3, but OFF, It will come up trust me. With out even using the clutch you can power them up at low/mid RPM's.
post #35 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Make sure you get plenty of heat into the tyre so you don't accidentally do a rolling burnout instead. Pretty much you accelerate for a second then chop the throttle to make the forks compress a bit then you do the clutching. Alternatively you can press down on the rear brake to compress the front as well, this is good practice as you want to cover the rear brake as it will save you when you get to high. Grip the tank tight with the knees and sit towards the back, arms should be relaxed. At least that's how i do it in second gear around 70 kph.
post #36 of 45 Old 09-11-2015, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks guys for all the help. Finally started clutching it up, I'm getting about a foot up before it comes back down. Next step is to chase it out. What worked best for me was standing up and (this may sound weird) but popping the clutch twice. I'm assuming this is cause I'm still figuring out the rpm and throttle control for the wheelie, so on the second clutch up, the bike comes up smoother and easier since the rpms are already higher with the first clutch drop. Anyway I'm gonna keep practicing and start chasing it out, I'll keep you guys updated on my progress. Thanks everyone for the help! Ride safe bike fam
post #37 of 45 Old 09-11-2015, 09:52 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0622763 View Post
Thanks guys for all the help. Finally started clutching it up, I'm getting about a foot up before it comes back down. Next step is to chase it out. What worked best for me was standing up and (this may sound weird) but popping the clutch twice. I'm assuming this is cause I'm still figuring out the rpm and throttle control for the wheelie, so on the second clutch up, the bike comes up smoother and easier since the rpms are already higher with the first clutch drop. Anyway I'm gonna keep practicing and start chasing it out, I'll keep you guys updated on my progress. Thanks everyone for the help! Ride safe bike fam
RIP clutch
harobikes167 likes this.
post #38 of 45 Old 09-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jr0065
This will not end well.
harobikes167 likes this.

Gen 5 ZX-10R
post #39 of 45 Old 09-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Full motor , Traction off, go 20 mph , flick clutch in rev to about 6-7 n let the clutch go ..... Got the same bike 2800 miles all stock except exhaust and she stands up likes it was nothing. I wouldn't rush it's not a joke to end up on your ass .....
post #40 of 45 Old 09-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
RIP clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0065 View Post
This will not end well.
LMAO

"Never shoot a large caliber man, with a small caliber bullet."

GEN 3: "Stock"

2009 crf 450r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in