Can't Wheelie My 2014 ZX-10R For The Life Of Me - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 Old 09-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Holy shit, Fang wrote a damn novel. He has a good point in there though, if yiu dont have electronics stopping you, its your brain. You have to truly get comfortable with it in your mind to let you pull the front and keep it there. The bike will wheelie, its a liter bike. I have the issue of my mind not letting me be ok with it, and Im not a road racer, or a fast track rider or even a fast drag racer. Im still learning to not chop throttle when the front pulls up on me, its just that you have to teach your mind to be cool with doinf it intentionally.
Duhastme likes this.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 Old 09-07-2015, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. Yes I do have traction control off when I'm attempting this. I am gonna have to wait a few days to try again. I made the mistake of stopping for a cop, bike got impounded and I ended up in jail for the night lol no biggy tho. And okay, I know the bike will pop up, but I've read a lot that the gen 4's have a hard time getting up there, and that seems to be my problem. Like I said, I just got the bike not too long ago, and it had a lot of extras and goodies. Don't rip me for this, I'm just asking if this is a possibility, but I noticed one of the extras was a chain length adjuster. Could this be another thing holding me back from wheelies?
post #23 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
chain length adjuster!!!!! Is this your first bike?? Unless its a shaft driven bike,they all have them and when i say all,even peddle bikes have chain adjustment..No chain length will not hold you back...Well maybe if your chain is so slack it totally skips over the sprocket or if its so tight the chain cant move..

Im thinking you should forget about pullin wheelies for now,learn about the bike and how to ride before you get funky..

" I noticed one of the extras was a chain length adjuster. Could this be another thing holding me back from wheelies".....Cant believe you asked that bud..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 01:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Troll
Cyclotron likes this.
post #25 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 01:23 AM
Formerly "bms"

Posting Frequency

I only weigh 145 lbs. Gen 4 does a good job keeping the front down at WOT in any gear. But it you hold it at 8k rpm in first and rip it. The front end should come up no problem. I've also came to the conclusion that us light weight guys cause it to spin more. Theres no weight in the back. For example a 130 lb guy vs a 200 lb guy. The force of the heavier guys weight is going on the rear shock putting more pressure on the back tire causing the front end to come up easier.

post #26 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 05:37 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I can see this ending in tears for sure !!
post #27 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 07:19 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0622763 View Post
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. Yes I do have traction control off when I'm attempting this. I am gonna have to wait a few days to try again. I made the mistake of stopping for a cop, bike got impounded and I ended up in jail for the night lol no biggy tho. And okay, I know the bike will pop up, but I've read a lot that the gen 4's have a hard time getting up there, and that seems to be my problem. Like I said, I just got the bike not too long ago, and it had a lot of extras and goodies. Don't rip me for this, I'm just asking if this is a possibility, but I noticed one of the extras was a chain length adjuster. Could this be another thing holding me back from wheelies?
Let's clear things up here for a minute.....you're talking about aftermarket precision adjusters like LightTech or Gilles, correct? You're not confusing the chain adjusters for extension bars, right? No, the chain adjusters won't make a difference, but a 6" extension bar would.

Wheelie how-to:
1) Turn TC off
2) Get moving in 2nd gear at 65mph and approx. 8,000rpm
3) Sit up straight
4) Back off throttle
5) Quickly open throttle
6) Hold on as the earth rotates around the back wheel of the bike
jr0065 and harobikes167 like this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #28 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 08:55 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't even have a wheelie.
post #29 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post

haha... niiice
post #30 of 45 Old 09-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Let's clear things up here for a minute.....you're talking about aftermarket precision adjusters like LightTech or Gilles, correct? You're not confusing the chain adjusters for extension bars, right? No, the chain adjusters won't make a difference, but a 6" extension bar would.

Wheelie how-to:
1) Turn TC off
2) Get moving in 2nd gear at 65mph and approx. 8,000rpm
3) Sit up straight
4) Back off throttle
5) Quickly open throttle
LMAO and PLEASE cover your back brake. I think first you should practice barely bringing it up then hitting your back brake or something.

I feel like he is definitely going to loop it.

"Never shoot a large caliber man, with a small caliber bullet."

GEN 3: "Stock"

2009 crf 450r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in