Will Gen4 forks fit in a Gen2? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Will Gen4 forks fit in a Gen2?

I am picking up a used Gen2, with questionable fork sliders. My friend swapped his Gen4 forks for Ohlins forks. Any chance his forks will fit a Gen2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-22-2014, 11:56 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes all the forks are the same size on the OD where they fit the clamps. Some are shorter than others. The Gen 3 has longer overall length forks than the Gen 1 and 2 if memory serves me right. Meaning you can use the Gen 3 in the other gens but not the other way around. Between the Gen 4 and Gen 2 I would say no problem since the Gen 2 will be a short fork to start with The Gen 4 may possibly end up being slid up in the clamps but that's actually better anyway as far as giving you more room to adjust your suspension. You just don't want to end up with the forks all the way lowered and still need more fork length that you don't have. Some forks have extended top caps offered to solve that very problem.

I'm building a Gen 1 at this time and it's going to get a new set of Gen 4 Ohlins units installed since that's about all that's offered anymore from Ohlins anyway. My front axle dia will change but that's not an issue anyway since I'm using BST wheels anyway that I'll just order for the later model.

I hope this has helped you make a decision on what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in