What tyre or tyre's do I get ? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-07-2015, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

What tyre or tyre's do I get ?

Hi I am stumped I am new to the ZX10 it's a 2008 model
I had a 636 and ZX900 before used BT016 pro's lasted 600 to 1 k miles depending on weather .
the ZX10 I just can not get any heat into the front lot's of under steer
i talked to dealer they said Maxis Diamonds did 350 miles and the front is like brand new still has mold markings and is useless took it off put an old tyre on it the rear is not much better .
What are you guy's running as I have talked to tyre dealers and I am well lost as some say run harder tyre to last longer but then you get no front end grip run soft tyre and rear last's 5 min's .
I am looking for a tyre that is going to last may be 1 k miles that ain't going to brake the bank and give me back my front end .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dunlop Q3's
SkyDork likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-07-2015, 10:24 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
Dunlop Q3's

Listen to this guy.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-07-2015, 10:36 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Dunlop Q3 best tire, best price. The company is own by goodyear for a while, so they got money for R&D. Did they going to improve this excellent tire ?

How it's compare with the top notch Michelin PP (not sure is the best sport tire from this company anymore) ?

Durability is one factor that it's hard to found comparaison between, Michelin, Metzeler, Continental, Bridgestone and Dunlop ?????

post #5 of 13 Old 08-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
Dunlop Q3's
this, by far.

they did a comparison of a bunch of street tires and I remember the heat up times for Q3s were way faster then every tire but 1 other one was close.

Ive had my front Q3 on for about 2 years now and have done 4 trackdays with it. It still has some life left in it.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-08-2015, 04:14 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Hi I am stumped I am new to the ZX10 it's a 2008 model
I had a 636 and ZX900 before used BT016 pro's lasted 600 to 1 k miles depending on weather .
the ZX10 I just can not get any heat into the front lot's of under steer
i talked to dealer they said Maxis Diamonds did 350 miles and the front is like brand new still has mold markings and is useless took it off put an old tyre on it the rear is not much better .
What are you guy's running as I have talked to tyre dealers and I am well lost as some say run harder tyre to last longer but then you get no front end grip run soft tyre and rear last's 5 min's .
I am looking for a tyre that is going to last may be 1 k miles that ain't going to brake the bank and give me back my front end .
I don't believe this is strictly a tire problem. If you're running stock suspension settings, its out of kilter. Front is too stiff in comparison to the rear. You need more weight over the front and a better front/rear balance

As a starting point I'd take all the preload out of the fork springs and consider uprating the shock spring, even if like me, your light. I'm around 150lbs and run a 105N spring. You'll never have feel from the front on stock settings

post #7 of 13 Old 08-08-2015, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

The bike has Ohlins springs in the front a Nitron rear shock I am about 13 stone never had a problem setting a bike up before but this just get it over on it's side to even think about what is going wrong . It had Avon on it when I got it but they had had it but it was not to bad then I put the Maxis on what a load of .The front was like it was not touching the ground at all loads of under steer but then the back would step out even if you looked at the throttle it is doing this now with the old Avon back in the front .
As i said i have always used BT16's before but think even the front one of them would be to hard to get heat into it the rear would not last long at all that for sure only got 600 out of my last set of BT's on the 636 front and back gone .
I have to do something as it is silly at the mo point and shoot sort of thing corners I would take at high speed am dropping down to 50mph on them
Will give the Q3 a go but am a bit put off if one last's 2 years in the front ? need something really soft in front . On the island we don't have many straights it is all corners and pot holes
Thank's 3 of you have said the Q3 so will try them
post #8 of 13 Old 08-08-2015, 10:41 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Just try it. I think you'll like the Q3. There's no way I could get 2 years out of a front like that. I can barely get 2500 miles out of a rear mostly street riding.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #9 of 13 Old 08-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I use the Q3's too. They last a lot longer and look great too.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Q3 is do it all type of a tire, I rode the Dragon on them and did two trackdays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in