Sealmate-Sealsaver - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-09-2014, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sealmate-Sealsaver

I just noticed I had a small leak on my left fork tube. I was just curious if anyone has any experience with Seal Mate made by MotionPro? Also, does anyone use Sealsaver on their fork tubes?

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-09-2014, 03:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I used to keep MP Seal Mates in my bag when I tune suspension at the track. They work pretty well, but they flex a lil too easy. I use/sell the Seal Doctors and love them! The first time I used it I threw all the MP away.

http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Seal...l#.VIdlvCejUy4

They are a bit more expensive but they last forever.

Also dont bother with sealsavers for a couple reasons. First and the worst, they trap crap. If you don't clean them regularly they will destroy your forks. Second they greatly increase stiction. And last if you do regular maintenance on your forks like the rest of the bike you dont need seal savers.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #3 of 8 Old 12-10-2014, 02:03 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Seal savers with trap dirt and grind it into the tube, id pass on those. I tried them on a KTM when i was riding enduro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evallarta1 View Post
I used to keep MP Seal Mates in my bag when I tune suspension at the track. They work pretty well, but they flex a lil too easy. I use/sell the Seal Doctors and love them! The first time I used it I threw all the MP away.

http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Seal...l#.VIdlvCejUy4

They are a bit more expensive but they last forever.

Also dont bother with sealsavers for a couple reasons. First and the worst, they trap crap. If you don't clean them regularly they will destroy your forks. Second they greatly increase stiction. And last if you do regular maintenance on your forks like the rest of the bike you dont need seal savers.
So you use these the same as shown? Just pry the dust seal off and and circle the oil seal a few times?

post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-2014, 11:44 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
So you use these the same as shown? Just pry the dust seal off and and circle the oil seal a few times?
Correct. Saved about a dozen riders from loosing out on their trackday due to a leaky seal.

Velocity Calibrations
post #6 of 8 Old 12-11-2014, 03:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Also I'd like to point out that this is NOT a cure for leaking seals. These and the Motion Pro Seal Mates are intended to get you through your ride/day so you can get home safely and inspect your forks/seals properly.

Velocity Calibrations
post #7 of 8 Old 12-18-2014, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Update....I have a Seal Doctor on its way but went to my local shop and picked up a MP Seal Mate for $5.00. Followed the instructions and it's been 9 days with absolutely no leaks. Seal Mate is flimsy but worked. The Seal Doctor looks like a better quality product, though more expensive, but seems like a perfect little item to add to my tool box

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
post #8 of 8 Old 12-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Use a thin feeler gauge instead. Typically we have them lying around the shop. But as mentioned, this isn't a permanent solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in