RK or Carrozzeria Wheels? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

RK or Carrozzeria Wheels?

Im looking to upgrade the look of my Gen4 and want to add some wheels to her. Ive been trying to compare the two wheels as in weight but cant find the actual weight of my stock wheels and what the weight savings in. I work at a dealership and can get a good deal on either of these just trying to choose between them. Anyone had any experience with either of these wheels or enlighten me on our wheel weight? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 11:57 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If you want to save weight then go for the Marchesini Forged Mags or BST Carbons.

Also keep in mind that it is not just the wheel weight, but where that weight is situated that affects the gyroscopic precession of the rotating wheel. You can actually have a wheel that is lighter than another wheel, but still performs worse because more of the weight is towards the outer rim instead of being centered towards the hub. If you are just chasing aesthetics then it really doesn't matter, but if you really want the performance aspect then there is a little more to consider with your purchase.

I personally will not use or sell Carroz wheels after all the bearing failures they had. Any manufacturer that tells their customers to use half the recommended torque values to keep from disintegrating wheel bearings because they cannot figure out proper spacer and bearing tolerances is not a product I want to trust my life or anyone else's with.

Last edited by LDH; 12-19-2014 at 12:00 PM.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 12:41 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have had my Carroz wheels for three years with 15k miles and not one problem. I even torque them down to spec.

2009 R6 Racebike - Up for sale!!! Let me know if interested.

2013 ZX10R- SOLD

2008 ZX10R- SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

That definitely makes sense. Im just kind of weighing the options between the looks and weight. I like the RK looks better but if the carroz are quite a bit lighter it might swing me more that way. The march wheels are just so expensive. Im able to pick up some RK wheels for around 1100 so thats why Im really considering them.
post #5 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i wish i could afford the forged mags or the carbon wheels but I dont think that I will ever have 3-4k laying around for that
post #6 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 02:54 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I firmly understand what it is like to be on a budget, but I would rather spend $3000+ on wheels that are a definite performance advantage than $1100 on some that are a negligible impact on performance.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
I have a used set of marchesini mags and a set of bsts. I'd probably part with a set for the right price. Both have ceramic bearings marchesinis have free float braking rotors bsts have none they came off a gen 3 and the marchesinis were on a gen 4 a well. Not sure if they will work on a gen 2

Bear Jew
post #8 of 17 Old 12-19-2014, 08:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
I have a used set of marchesini mags and a set of bsts. I'd probably part with a set for the right price. Both have ceramic bearings marchesinis have free float braking rotors bsts have none they came off a gen 3 and the marchesinis were on a gen 4 a well. Not sure if they will work on a gen 2
Post a pic.. I'd be interested in the marchesinis. What would u sell them for?
post #9 of 17 Old 12-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Call Mary at superbike supply got a good deal on my O.Z....
But that's a Dayum good deal on the RK's also!! Tough choices!!

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
post #10 of 17 Old 12-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
I just picked up a set of Carrozzerias. I did some research about the bearing failures. On their website they advertise the wheels as coming with "high quality Japanese wheel bearings". They also say to use their torque specs. They claim that the majority of failures are due to not using their specifications. I am planning on using the recommended torque specs for now on the "oem" bearings and ordering some ceramic bearings down the line to replace them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture%2020421.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	301977  

"Homewrecker" Gen3 custom build by ZX-SIK-R in progress.... check the build thread: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/airb...ad-140226.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in