"Ride-On" Tire Balancer (replaces wheel weights) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

"Ride-On" Tire Balancer (replaces wheel weights)

Have any of you used Ride-On motorcycle formula for tire balancing? I just had my rims powdercoated and new tires put on my bike. The mechanic recommended using Ride-On instead of traditional wheel weights and a machine to balance the tire. He said it works MUCH better and makes the wheels last longer.

Pretty much you inject the tire with the Ride-On formula through the tire valve stem. After the proper dosage is put into the tires, you ride the bike for about 5 miles and the Ride-On will balance the tires out.

I wound up going with his recommendation. After I rode the bike for the first time, it seemed a little bumpy, then after about 5 miles the bike felt very smooth.

Needless to say, I like the idea of having this instead of the ugly silver wheel weights on my powdercoated rims.

Here is the website if anyone wants to take a look and give their input. They also have products for cars and other vehicles.

Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On

Here are the installation instructions and customer testimonials.

http://www.ride-on.com/images/storie...april-2012.pdf

Motorcycles - Ride-On
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 10:28 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Never used the stuff and never will. Kinda the same concept of the balancing beads IMO. If it was a low-speed bike like a scooter or touring bike, no issues. I can't think this works very well in a high-horsepower, high lean angle machine like the ZX-10R.

I usually get black wheel weights and tape over them any way. Even if the weights are silver, you can't see them once the black duct tape goes over the top to secure them. Problem solved!

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 10:37 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Motion Pro black wheel weights for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Don't use it. A motorcycle is a machine first and a work of art second. Use the proper type of wheel weight; putting that Gorilla Snot in your tires is a bad idea. It is inconsistent in performance and creates a huge mess when you go to replace your tires.

It is way cooler to have regular wheel weights and then put black tape over them which is what we track day and racer guys do.

Powder coating is fine (although it adds extra weight) but you don't need wheel balancing issues along with it.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 11:14 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Hell I barely even notice the "ugly silver" weights. Maybe that's just me though. They aren't an eyesore at all because I know they are there to make the bike perform it's best. I don't like the idea of squeezing crap into the tires, it instantly remiinds me of that Slime crap i used to use on my bike as a kid lol.
White Fang likes this.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 11:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
Don't use it. A motorcycle is a machine first and a work of art second. Use the proper type of wheel weight; putting that Gorilla Snot in your tires is a bad idea. It is inconsistent in performance and creates a huge mess when you go to replace your tires.

It is way cooler to have regular wheel weights and then put black tape over them which is what we track day and racer guys do.

Powder coating is fine (although it adds extra weight) but you don't need wheel balancing issues along with it.

"Gorilla Snot" LMAO
post #7 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Gorilla Snot made me chuckle. lol But, I already have installed it in my tires. The reviews on their website were pretty good and it says that it's good for speeds over 230mph. I got the bike up to over 100mph and it felt fine. My mechanic even swore by it and said it is much better than the wheel weights. I'm thinking I should be fine until my next set of tires.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 12:58 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

It looks like you need to put a whole bottle in each tire? That's 30 bucks per set of tires? I go through tires like I go through toilet paper. No thanks. I reuse my wheel weights (I have a balancer and use the clip on type weight). :)

post #9 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 07:23 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post

I usually get black wheel weights and tape over them any way. Even if the weights are silver, you can't see them once the black duct tape goes over the top to secure them. Problem solved!

This FTW. Heck what a couple bottles of that stuff cost I got a box of tape weights and my balancer, I can do 50 balances. I mean I get if it was a show bike or something maybe, but then why even balance them anyhow.

I could maybe see myself trying this in my car when my new wheels come. They are an extreme deep dish so I will only be static balancing them. Maybe using this for that application would help get a better balance where I would only be using weights on the inside lip of a 12" wide rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.

Last edited by Teeks; 05-08-2015 at 07:25 PM.
post #10 of 14 Old 05-08-2015, 07:40 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Bought the dynabeads (or whatever the name for the ceramic balls that do the same thing is) and tried it back in 08 or so. It "seemed" like it worked ok but I was going thru two sets of tires a season back then so if it didn't work, I would only have to deal with it for a few months at most. Still have some left but wouldn't use them again after doing more research on the high speed aspect like SkyDork mentioned.

05 Z1000 - Traded
05 ZX12R - Stolen
04 ZX10R - Going to be sold soon. New bully on the block!
13 ZX10R - Getting abused...

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in