Pirelli Supercorsa SP Thoughts - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-04-2014, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Pirelli Supercorsa SP Thoughts

Anyone have any experience? What are your thoughts? How they compare to Q3's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Simply put really amazing tyres. Consider stepping up to the sc versions. If you can manage the cost you will not be disapointed
post #3 of 12 Old 05-05-2014, 12:52 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I would second that the Pirelli's won the tire shoot out in several bike tests. Their price is really high though. I have used the SC2 slicks and those thing are just flat out awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-05-2014, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

The funny thing is I am find the SCs for less than the SPs.... How are the SCs for the weekend road toy.... I heard the where not to good cold, of course I am in Tampa so cold is relative
post #5 of 12 Old 05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny H View Post
The funny thing is I am find the SCs for less than the SPs.... How are the SCs for the weekend road toy.... I heard the where not to good cold, of course I am in Tampa so cold is relative

You might be seeing the OLD version of the SC for sale. Make sure you're looking at Version 2 for SC.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #6 of 12 Old 05-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I am an average track day punter and I love them. The Gen 4 has a reputation for eating back tyre in my neighbourhood. The track is very abbraisive. I just get 2 track days out of a back tyre. Even with 6 mm in the shock for ride height and a re spring re valve. I love the tyres though. Great grip and give me a lot of confidence and feedback. More setup and better technique might improve my tyre life and your track probably isn't as hard on tyres.try them . You won't be able to get the grin off your face:)
post #7 of 12 Old 05-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

i would never give up my q2s for the q3s, they same my ass few times from the water on the road.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-06-2014, 10:39 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

sigh. damn tire threads. you realize, every brand, has specific riding characteristics. what kinda riding do you do. do you like controlled or squirrely. do you like a tire that moves a lot or a little. are you changing your suspension between brands so that its set properly for the new tires. is your suspension even set properly for the tires you do have.

personally, i prefer dunlops. because of the turn in profile, the drop to the side quick and love to be there, they hold like a rail and they don't move cuz of the stiff carcass and they're easily controllable when sliding. i don't like pirelli's because they wobble and give a lot and don't drop into corners as well but they give more and you'll feel em moving under ya. some riders like that. i, am not one of those riders.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks........That is great info

To be honest I am not even sure I am capable enough to tax the suspension or tires. My biggest concern was their predictability, do not want a tire that i leave a rest stop from and it is like ice.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-06-2014, 12:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny H View Post
Thanks........That is great info

To be honest I am not even sure I am capable enough to tax the suspension or tires. My biggest concern was their predictability, do not want a tire that i leave a rest stop from and it is like ice.
if you're out running around and pull off for 15 minutes then go back out you'll be fine. hard braking and acceleration while straight up and down is how you put heat in tires, so just gas hard brake hard gas hard brake hard a couple times and you're good to go. any bike, needs its suspension tweaked for the tires its on to be running properly. otherwise, it's not going to run the way you want. if a tires 2 mil taller in the front and 2 mil shorter in the back, now you got a flat ass bike that won't finish a turn well and you wont know why but it's cuz you didnt adjust your suspension for the change in tire sizing and instead go "damn these blah brand suck!" when really, they don't.

but, if you dont have much experience, and aren't pushing it hard, any tire, will suit you fine. you dont need the best of the best tire but it sure helps. you can drag your elbows on stock tires if you're smooth enough but most people just go bah these are crap! and buy better ones.

Last edited by nakedinseattle; 05-06-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in