Pilot Power 3 Personal Review - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-15-2013, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Pilot Power 3 Personal Review

Just picked up the bike this morning with the fresh PP3s. Was running Dunlop Q3s before. So far the difference is night and day. I haven't leaned these tires all the way yet, but I instantly felt more confident in the grip that the PP3s have out of the box. Not only that but the 10 is free falling into corners now, the Q3s took some muscle to get the bike to lean. Both rears were 190/55. Will continue to update with more seat time on the PP3s. So far so bueno!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130815_120222.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	217921  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice! I had PP3's on my last bike and loved them. But I was wondering about the Q3's. thanks for posting!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 6 Old 08-15-2013, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

No prob! I've seen a lot of the 10r owners on here running the Q3's and loving them. They definitely have the grip, but in my opinion the turn in and ease of lean on the PP3s are superior. This is only after a day of riding however. Longevity and consistancy reports to come, along with a track day update!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-15-2013, 10:49 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Power 3s are awesome. Love mine... definitely have a lot mpre confidence in them compared to all the 'stones and Dunlops I've had on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 6 Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hard to beat...great grip, turn in, and LONGEVITY!!! I got 3800 hard miles out of a rear

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
post #6 of 6 Old 08-15-2013, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Power 3s are awesome. Love mine... definitely have a lot mpre confidence in them compared to all the 'stones and Dunlops I've had on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Personally I have NEVER liked 'stones. Almost wiped out on my 04 636 with the stockers on there a couple times. Never trusted them again. So far PP3 is my favorite tire for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Hard to beat...great grip, turn in, and LONGEVITY!!! I got 3800 hard miles out of a rear
Really glad to hear you got that kind of mileage out of your rear PP3. I just got my gen2 in June so I havent had much seat time to pound on her yet. I'm very comfortable with the bike already though, especially after slapping on the new shoes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in