Pilot Power 2CT - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-03-2014, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Pilot Power 2CT

So I have been running Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs for a looooong time on my gen1. I have not really looked at anything else, so I want some input as to if there is anything better that I can try out.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
Bt003 or q3 for road use. Superbikes or ntech slicks or even the GPAs for track.
a forum member turned me onto the superbikes and I'm very impressed.

Bear Jew
post #3 of 6 Old 10-03-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
Bt003 or q3 for road use. Superbikes or ntech slicks or even the GPAs for track.
a forum member turned me onto the superbikes and I'm very impressed.
Cool, thanks. I will look into the superbikes for trackdays for sure. Q3....are Qualifier 3's? I have not had Qualifiers since...wait, my wife's gen1 has them. I think they are the OEM ones though cause they suck monkey balls.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
Yeah the Dunlop Q3s are much better than OEM. If anyone on the west coast is looking for UK Dunlop slicks I know a guy who has a set $325 the front is lightly used.

Bear Jew
post #5 of 6 Old 10-03-2014, 06:38 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Mrmoto73 I think I ran Michelin's without hesitation on every bike I have had for the last 8 years or so, at least since the pilot power came out. A friend over the winter kept saying try the Dunlop Q3's (I ride very hard). I found a deal so I gave them a try, I have been exceptionally happy with them. They grip right out of the driveway cold or hot, good road feel, good turn in, very predictable, and solid in bad weather. Mileage I get is about the same as well. Now I will grant you everyone is different, but I give these the edge slightly over the Michelin as I found them to be a tad greasy feeling when really on edge. Again these feel very predictable to me. I have not had them on a track this year, but I am sure I would feel very good running an advanced pace with them. Then again Ive ran advanced on regular pilot powers lol.

Just as a side note, last fall I did try a set of the Bridgestone BT003RS on another friends advice, I did not like them one bit. I never found a good setting for them, they always felt just greasy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-03-2014, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
Mrmoto73 I think I ran Michelin's without hesitation on every bike I have had for the last 8 years or so, at least since the pilot power came out. A friend over the winter kept saying try the Dunlop Q3's (I ride very hard). I found a deal so I gave them a try, I have been exceptionally happy with them. They grip right out of the driveway cold or hot, good road feel, good turn in, very predictable, and solid in bad weather. Mileage I get is about the same as well. Now I will grant you everyone is different, but I give these the edge slightly over the Michelin as I found them to be a tad greasy feeling when really on edge. Again these feel very predictable to me. I have not had them on a track this year, but I am sure I would feel very good running an advanced pace with them. Then again Ive ran advanced on regular pilot powers lol.

Just as a side note, last fall I did try a set of the Bridgestone BT003RS on another friends advice, I did not like them one bit. I never found a good setting for them, they always felt just greasy to me.
Dude Thanks. That info helps alot!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in