penske vs elka on rough surfaces?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

penske vs elka on rough surfaces??

Thinking about putting a elka or a penske on my gen 3 .My zx is mainly used for fast street riding and about 1 track day a year.The roads i ride are very mixed from smooth to choppy and rough. Which shock would work best on the rough surfaces? I understand that a aftermarket shock is overkill for the road but bye the time i get my rear shock revalved resprung it will cost me about $400 to $550 and i can get a elka or penske for not that much more .A ttx is way to much in australia for me + if i start doing a bit more track work i don't want to have to upgrade again. A shock that is easy to set up would be good as i am 300klm from a decent suspension guru. Thanks for your time .Shakey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Ask your suspension guy what he reccomends and has the most experience with. Neither one is going to be a bad choice.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Good point dricked . I know 1 bloke that works on Elka+ 1 bloke works on Penske .Just looking for people who have used either shock on their road zx10 and what result they have had + a revalved resprung oem shock isn't out of the question if I here some positives about that setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Can't speak on it on my 10 but I've got an Elka on my 600rr track bike. Great shock as far as I'm concerned.

Need OEM parts? Discounts available on all Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki factory parts. PM me.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I set up a penske triple for my 2nd gen 10r. Easy to adjust for the street or for the track. I prefer the adjustability (finding your preferred setting). Either one are good choices even if you ride on the streets more. The triple would be overkill for the streets but as mentioned, ask your local tuner.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
post #6 of 10 Old 10-12-2013, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Cheers for everones input much appreciated
post #7 of 10 Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I have an Elka on my Gen 4 rear and love it....it's remote adjustments is what I liked but it made a tremendous difference on the track....

post #8 of 10 Old 10-14-2013, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Cheers older guy.Is there anyone out there runing a penske or elka on a street only 08 zx10 bike? Thats what I'm mainly looking for the best out of these 2 for street riding?
post #9 of 10 Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It's going to be all in the setup, either one will perform well beyond what your going to ask for it to do which is why I suggested talking to who ever your local tuner is and go with whatever he has more experience working with.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-14-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Cheers for all the info I will be able to sort it from here . To everyone riding to the Moto gp take it easy and have a great ride . Granya gap . Towonga gap. Happy valley.River road are all in good condition And the weather is looking good .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in