Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Ohlins TTX KA931 base settings

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  A Squids Life 
#1 ·
I am looking for information on a KA931 for a Gen 4.
I am 92kg or around 200lb in my gear, wondering what would be the base settings and the recomended spring rate for the road.

#5 ·
Those are standard settings for compression and rebound. There is no such thing as settings based on weight alone. It is impossible to custom set up damping rates outside of a generically decent setting that would work for most average riders. If you install the correct valve spec and the damping rates are close enough then with the exception of very few individuals the one size fits all philosophy will work and it does and with an Ohlins shock especially the TTX versions very rarely will anyone actually need to deviate from those settings more than a few clicks in either direction.

I mention the above because I have seen where some suspension companies claim to custom setup the damping for each shock for the riders weight and that is just a sales gimmick at best. "Rider Weight" is just one of a myriad of variables that go into selecting a damping curve.

In contrast selecting a spring rate is mainly based on rider weight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.