new ohlins 30mm front fork cartridge and rear shock ttx gp - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-02-2014, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

new ohlins 30mm front fork cartridge and rear shock ttx gp

im having a little bit of trouble finding the sweet spot with the suspension i weight 190 with all the equipment, does somebody have a setup for guidelines that i can follow.
the sag measures i put it by the ohlins book and the adjustment too but i feel the bike i little high from the front end, and when i brake the forks goes all the way to the end,

what can i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-02-2014, 06:40 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Add preload in the spring or compression maybe a little of both

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #3 of 12 Old 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextroy155 View Post
im having a little bit of trouble finding the sweet spot with the suspension i weight 190 with all the equipment, does somebody have a setup for guidelines that i can follow.
the sag measures i put it by the ohlins book and the adjustment too but i feel the bike i little high from the front end, and when i brake the forks goes all the way to the end,

what can i do?
The ohlins 30mm will bring the ride hight up a few mm in the front. Start with rechecking your rear/ front sag settings/damping and go from there. If your bottoming the forks after applying the brakes, Then something Is definitely wrong or your sag settings off. Shoot us your static and rider sag numbers rear shock set up and numbers. I weighed 190 fully geared as well if you'd like pm me your phone number an I'll give you my settings. I had 30mm front and Penske rear.

Bear Jew

Last edited by Hernando; 11-02-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-02-2014, 09:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

What year bike? What springs are in it? And what is your rebound, compression, and preload set at?

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #5 of 12 Old 11-03-2014, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by evallarta1 View Post
What year bike? What springs are in it? And what is your rebound, compression, and preload set at?
im using a 2013, spring is 10, rebound 10 1/2, compresion 11, preload 9 all these on the front
post #6 of 12 Old 11-03-2014, 10:07 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

What is the oil level in the forks? To help resist bottoming adjusting your oil height will help without making the forks harsh (adding comp) if your sag is correct.

I've been fighting this all season with my forks as well.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Subscribed, About to do the same TTX revalve with link and cartridge

It's not that I don't want to ride with you, but you ride too damn slow.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-03-2014, 06:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Need a lot more info.

To start with..

Street bike or track bike? /Track? Pace?
Oil height?
Fork position? Measure from axle centre to the top of bottom yoke at FULL stretch.
Shock length?
Spring?
Installed Preload?
Stock link?
Shim?
Tyres?
Fork Internal preload?
Topout springs?

All that aside.

Probably best to speak to the person who fitted the carts, If they are a true suspension tech... they should have given a good "base" to start at.
post #9 of 12 Old 11-20-2014, 01:42 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ive notice a few gentlemen mentioning about link with TTX?

Please explain and does it really help?
post #10 of 12 Old 11-20-2014, 10:14 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
Ive notice a few gentlemen mentioning about link with TTX?

Please explain and does it really help?
The after market linkages alter the rising rate of the swingarm to make it more linear. The ZX-10R linkage specifically is a little more tricky than most other links due to the initial start rate it requires so that also had to be factored into the equation

There are several different brands of aftermarket links out there on the market for the Gen4. I sell and use the Kyle Racing Link and Ohlins products so anything I say will sound biased, but it helps immensely as long as you know how to set up the internal valving spec in the TTX to match the new rate of the linear race link which we do. The back end of the bike instantly becomes super compliant and offers a lot more grip when exiting the turn also cleans up the tire wear and improves the life to a large degree.

I know a lot of riders that have installed other brands of linkages as well as other brands of shocks and quite frankly from what they have told me they are really chasing their tails trying to get the correct set-up. In their defense there are a lot of variables to sort out when you have a new linkage + new shock + different valving in that shock combined with unknown geometry requirements because the linkages and the shock valving + spring etc is all going to cause the swingarm to ride in a different area of the stroke of the shock than it did originally. It's a lot to figure out if you are doing all your own set-up.

The Link we manufacture and sell is designed by suspension/geometry and Ohlins Expert Jon Cornwell. With him comes the advantage of testing feedback from all the pro racers so basically we know the valving specs and geoemetry settings to make this link instant bolt-on go fast goodness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in