lowered front end-sterring alignment question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-26-2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

lowered front end-sterring alignment question

Hey Guys-
so this past weekend i was messing with sag, preload, etc. Had a friend help me and when we finally set the numbers correctly, seemed like the front of the bike was still a bit high. It didnt have the "front wheel tucked" look that made me fall in love haha. No biggy, until he mentioned, lowering the front a few MM to alter the look. Well, we did and it looks amazing now!! if iknew how to insert images, i would. Anyway, finally took a ride and man, amazing turn in, exiting etc.

But......for some reason when i look down at the triples, it seems they are "off" by a hair. By off i mean, if i look down from the top at the fork tubes, the right tube looks lower than the left fork tube?

Could twisting the forks within the tubes alter the upper triple, steering, etc? or is it an illusion because the steering damper if off as far as the mounts are concerned?

Steering is rine, hands feel even etc. Just wondering if twisting the fork up in the triples if it threw anything off.

P.s. only have 5mm of fork showing from the top of the triple

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-26-2013, 12:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

As long as you have the same amount of fork showing above the triple on each side, youre fine.

2016 GSX-S1000
08 10r Sold
post #3 of 6 Old 12-26-2013, 12:39 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Not touched suspension but if all feels right, then I never worry. I would expect more rear spin when you increase weight on front. But we have the tc so all good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-26-2013, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

yeah there is exactly 5 mm of fork showing through each upper tripple. was thinking its an illusion sits the stabilizer sits off angle anyway?

bike holds a line, no veering left or right, even with hands off.

might be in my head, only thing was also, the right grip felt more pressue on it if that make sence. I might have not put the clip ons in the same position since i was so worried about the fork hight.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

on and it's a gen 2 so no TC, but i did increase front compression so in front braking the nose doesn't dive so much, bit harsher of a ride, but nice trade off.....
post #6 of 6 Old 12-26-2013, 01:44 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYrdr View Post
on and it's a gen 2 so no TC, but i did increase front compression so in front braking the nose doesn't dive so much, bit harsher of a ride, but nice trade off.....
First thought was how can a g4 look taller but then figured that others see more than I do, which is sometimes true. I would do some testing in the twists before going into pace mode just to see if the bike likes everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in