ktech dds cartridge kit? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-03-2013, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

ktech dds cartridge kit?

How u all going ? I just got offered a ktech dds cartridge kit for my 08 zx10 at a awesome price .As i mainly fast road ride and do a track day once a year if I'm lucky at a medium pace . I was thinking this would be overkill for me or could the dds be setup for fast road riding? what do u experts recon ?buy or don't buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-03-2013, 04:04 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Personally if its a good price and you have the money I would do it. Suspension upgrades helped me up my pace big time. Much more than engine upgrades ever could.

post #3 of 11 Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

If you have money for spending buy a master cylinder and lines.
The Gen3 ZX can go very fast and do decent times with a proper set up on the stock suspension. The brakes are good also.
I wouldn't buy it just for the road or an annual trackday.
On the other hand K-Tech is the sh*t. Better than ohlins imo, if you hit the tracks often then from a point on it will definitely help you go faster as or10r wrote .

If you don't end up buying it, lmk who sells it. J/K

Who dares, wins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I will probably get the ssk piston kit but the price this kit is being offered to me i am very tempted .Ive talked to blokes who say the dds kit can be setup really well for spirited street use. keep the opinions coming need to make a decision asap.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-04-2013, 12:04 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to smalls23
I think the DDS system may be a bit of overkill for you. BUT if the price is right, I would say upgrade. Correct suspension set-up is very important and if you can afford to upgrade your suspension system I would always vote for the upgrade.

Like or10r said suspension upgrades will up your pace much more than engine will. Suspension upgrades can add comfort, greater adjustability, and instill greater confidence in the machines and the riders abilities.

Let us know what you decide.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-05-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Is there any uk forum members on zx10 net that can help me out ktech is everywhere over there. Im still thinking massive overkill . But would still love to try them and I suppose if I don't like them I would easily Sell and get my $$ back . This opportunity mightn come up again + i might see if can get this ok'd bye the minister of finance(wife) see how I go.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-06-2013, 05:54 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It is massive overkill but if the price is right it's worth every penny. If you don't buy them let me know so I can pick them up and put them to good use on my race bike :) (I'll be using ktech but the 25mm kit)
post #8 of 11 Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Ok I've decided to go with the ktech ssk piston kit for my front forks+ a elka for the rear .I will let u all know how it goes . Shakey
post #9 of 11 Old 02-07-2014, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Well the bike is back together with a elka rear shock and a ktech ssk piston kit in the forks + sprung to my weight.Took the 10 for its first ride this morning and woweeeee this suspension upgrade is awsome makes this 10 handle very well the elka is pretty much perfect out of the box and the forks are sweet makes our rough roads feel smooth i am wrapped.This elka is better than a previous ohlins that i had its awsome money well spent . happy riding
post #10 of 11 Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Great to hear shakey.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in