hypersport tyres. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

hypersport tyres.

just found out that Bridgestone Austraila has re-classified the BT003RS as a race tyre, WTF. and as such only supply it to the race tyre suppliers and in aussie there are 2 companies and both are back yard run small business's.
so they stopped the issue of 3 tyres suited to 1000cc bikes being the BT016 the BT 023 and finaly the BT003RS and they bullshit us with hype of the new S20 is the new hypersport tyre to take the place of the other 3 tyres.
what rubbish.
the S20 is more suited to a triumph sprint or a zx14 sport tourer bike.
NOT for the 1000cc super bikes that can get some good lean angles happening on a spirted ride in the hills.
hope you guys in the USA don't get the bull we get here. being given 1 choice of tyre because they don't want to bring in more than 1 tyre in a couple sizes.
just sucks.
rant over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Does all this have to do with the fact that they have to ship the tire to you? Are they just trying to limit what they ship? Is that what it boils down to?

post #3 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

thinking yes to limite what they have to import.
since my rant i have had a reply from one of the race tyre importers and he can still get me what i want ( 003RS) for 400 shipped to me. (set)
plus i can get the 003 pro's as well. he didn't mention the BT016's.
bridgey emailed me too and just said the S20 is OUR NEW HYPERSPORT TYRE for Australia.
what a joke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I have heard noting but good reports from the S20's being a decent Hypersport tyres and thats local feedback in AUS. This is coming form some of the most spirited riders in Melbourne that road ride in the Hills of Victoria.
They get the grip they need the lean they need to the edge with confidence. They also seem to like as their getting good bang for buck at $350-$370 set fitted on 4500Km's per set. They also do track days on them as well.
Personally I never like Bridgestone the BT016's that came OEM on my ZX I got 4500K's out of them never got any road feedback from them at all.
Where I buy my tyres from say the S20's are an OK tyre if your using lots of tyres per season. I doubt I will use S20's as currently run Q2's and will try the Sportsmarts next which are meant to be far better then the S20's
I understand they wont compare to the 003's but I would not bag them out so quickly.
post #5 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 08:00 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Bayboy
Well I don't know what the fuss is about. The new S20's are TITS!! I've ran through two sets and have had zero issues. They have never broke loose on me or given me any problems. Aside from the occassional wheelie comin of a corner, which is a good thing last I checked, I've been nothing but inspired by these tires. Before you bash'em and sell the farm giv'em a try. I think you'll be quite pleased. I ran 34F/32-30R psi and the stiffies just kept comin.

YES, I KNOW YOUR BIKE IS FAST............ BUT IS IT FAST WITH YOU ON IT!!!!
post #6 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Cloud I might give them a try if I were you (the S20's). Im on them now and they have been pretty decent. 32F/30R track pressures for me. Pretty predictable, stable tire and the wear has been good also.
Attached Images

post #7 of 16 Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I was under the impression it was the BT003R that was the race tyre and the RS was the road tyre?
Still seem to be able to get them here in NZ anyways.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 AM
arc
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AK- View Post
...I doubt I will use S20's as currently run Q2's and will try the Sportsmarts next which are meant to be far better then the S20's
I understand they wont compare to the 003's but I would not bag them out so quickly.
Talk to MMTS about my experiences with DSS: for me S20s worked out far cheaper and provided the same or better level of grip and lifespan compared with DSSs (and I went through a lot of sets of DSSs). In fact it was MMTS and the posts on this forum that got me to test with my first set of S20s. I was really happy with them. You know the kind of riding I did, and they were great tyres, my next ZX-10R will be shod with them.

A.

Tomorrow, when I wake, or think I do, what shall I say of today?
Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot
post #9 of 16 Old 05-30-2013, 04:18 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Im anxious to hear about the new Q3's.

post #10 of 16 Old 05-30-2013, 04:55 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc View Post
Talk to MMTS about my experiences with DSS: for me S20s worked out far cheaper and provided the same or better level of grip and lifespan compared with DSSs (and I went through a lot of sets of DSSs). In fact it was MMTS and the posts on this forum that got me to test with my first set of S20s. I was really happy with them. You know the kind of riding I did, and they were great tyres, my next ZX-10R will be shod with them.

A.
Already have. and since I can get 8K out of a Supercorsa SP on the rear. I can get any tyre I want and get value per $$ and km's. Not saying the S20's are bad but even MMTS said the DSS's were better tyre over the S20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Im anxious to hear about the new Q3's.
Ditto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in