GP 211A's - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-26-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

GP 211A's

What kind of grip level can I expect from these tire's. I have never used them before. Ofcourse these are going on my track bike. I would never consider using them on the street as they are touted as dot race tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-26-2016, 08:06 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
What kind of grip level can I expect from these tire's. I have never used them before. Ofcourse these are going on my track bike. I would never consider using them on the street as they are touted as dot race tires.
Have you used track specific tires before? You'll be using warmers?
post #3 of 15 Old 01-26-2016, 08:54 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I know people who do well on them but I'm personally not a fan, especially in the cold.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The 211 is a good tire. The new GPA Pro is a much nicer tire. I have logged hundreds of laps on 211. As mentioned they dont do well in the cold (sub 60). They wear very well. As far as grip goes, they are very stiff and give good feedback. You will always know what the tire is doing if you are tuned in.

So, much better grip than you can get with any street tire. Need warmers unless its very hot and even then need a warmup lap. Was the AMA tire for years.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
Have you used track specific tires before? You'll be using warmers?

I have used the SC 2 Pirelli slicks in the past. I will be using warmers for sure. I have been using the Q3's but got a great deal on the 211's.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-27-2016, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I know people who do well on them but I'm personally not a fan, especially in the cold.

Luckily it doesn't get cold in Arizona. lol
tdh likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 01-27-2016, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKo View Post
The 211 is a good tire. The new GPA Pro is a much nicer tire. I have logged hundreds of laps on 211. As mentioned they dont do well in the cold (sub 60). They wear very well. As far as grip goes, they are very stiff and give good feedback. You will always know what the tire is doing if you are tuned in.

So, much better grip than you can get with any street tire. Need warmers unless its very hot and even then need a warmup lap. Was the AMA tire for years.

Thanks for the feedback. It will be interesting to see the difference after being on Q3's for awhile.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-27-2016, 05:16 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I have used the SC 2 Pirelli slicks in the past. I will be using warmers for sure. I have been using the Q3's but got a great deal on the 211's.
Just making sure

They'll be far better then Q3's without a doubt and along the lines of a slick. Tire life may suffer a bit on a 1000 depending on your setup and riding style.
TechX and MrKo like this.
post #9 of 15 Old 01-27-2016, 08:19 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I would be interested to hear what you think of them compared to the Pirelli. For me, the Pirelli has far better grip, but don't last as long, and the Pirelli is also more expensive. I ran Bridgestones most of last year and was pleasantly surprised at how well they performed, along with their price, and they paid contingency. Before that I ran mostly Michelin Power Cups, Power Slicks and Power Rains which I also really liked. Haven't tried the Evos yet. I also have run a lot of Dunlop Ntec slicks (KR448/449) which I really liked.
TechX likes this.

post #10 of 15 Old 01-27-2016, 10:40 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i'm personally a fan of dunlop over most anything else, however i haven't tried the newest michellins yet. it's a much stiffer carcass, psi will be 5-10 lower than your pirelli, definitely needs warmers, or two medium paced outlaps. and if you're thinking they're not good enough, are you running AMA lap times? because thats the same tire they were using and it worked out pretty well for them for awhile. not the best tire but absolutely capable. i've got two sets in my pile of reserves right now actually. also, the front will last damn near forever.
SkyDork likes this.

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in