gen3 2009 nitron rear shock - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2015, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

gen3 2009 nitron rear shock

has any one any experience's with these english shocks im considering one of the 3 way with remote hydraulic preload adjuster..

i had a 2 way on a fz1 it was stunning, and turned it in to a fast group track weapon with dunlopd d211 soft rubber...the quality of the last one i brought was stunning but im new to the zx10 scene although very experienced in fast track riding after many gsxr 1000s

Nitron Racing Shocks,Bike,Sub-Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewilewi666 View Post
has any one any experience's with these english shocks im considering one of the 3 way with remote hydraulic preload adjuster..

i had a 2 way on a fz1 it was stunning, and turned it in to a fast group track weapon with dunlopd d211 soft rubber...the quality of the last one i brought was stunning but im new to the zx10 scene although very experienced in fast track riding after many gsxr 1000s

ill confuse you a bit with that but there are other brands like maxton gp10 shock,penske 8987 triple adjustable with piggy bag, nitron race pro shock, matris M05R, bitubo xxf31 or xxz39, k-tech light shock as they dont sell the pro dds shock for gen3, race-tech g3s, but i think the easier to maintain is penske its owner rebuildable as they say.... and i am looking for a used one and i am not saying nitron is not a fine shock.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-29-2015, 06:48 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Nitron is a good shock, I don't think you would be disappointed with it, especially since you've already had good experience with it on your FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick13 View Post
ill confuse you a bit with that but there are other brands like maxton gp10 shock,penske 8987 triple adjustable with piggy bag, nitron race pro shock, matris M05R, bitubo xxf31 or xxz39, k-tech light shock as they dont sell the pro dds shock for gen3, race-tech g3s, but i think the easier to maintain is penske its owner rebuildable as they say.... and i am looking for a used one and i am not saying nitron is not a fine shock.
Just an FYI the any K-Tech Lite Shock can be upgraded to the Pro shock. The only difference between the two is the pro has the bypass valve and hydraulic preload adjuster and the lite does not. We sell the lite to guys on the fence all the time and then upgrade the shock when they are ready.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2015, 12:23 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by evallarta1 View Post
Nitron is a good shock, I don't think you would be disappointed with it, especially since you've already had good experience with it on your FZ1

Just an FYI the any K-Tech Lite Shock can be upgraded to the Pro shock. The only difference between the two is the pro has the bypass valve and hydraulic preload adjuster and the lite does not. We sell the lite to guys on the fence all the time and then upgrade the shock when they are ready.
That's excellent I thought we couldn't do that.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-04-2015, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

my pal races a bmw1000rr and from racing exp he recons the bitubo is what the zx10 boys are having more luck with, prob is there all on gen4 zx10s,,,im on gen3

i dont come across my gen 3 riders at the track to get opinions, i know the gen3 requires lots of constant tinkering unlike the gsxr1000s im used too

im in a ktech nitron ohlins bitubo, choice dilemma.. im gonna tweek a little more first with the stock shock but i felt like i was starting to get damping fade..
post #6 of 6 Old 05-04-2015, 06:36 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
my pal races a bmw1000rr and from racing exp he recons the bitubo is what the zx10 boys are having more luck with, prob is there all on gen4 zx10s,,,im on gen3

i dont come across my gen 3 riders at the track to get opinions, i know the gen3 requires lots of constant tinkering unlike the gsxr1000s im used too

im in a ktech nitron ohlins bitubo, choice dilemma.. im gonna tweek a little more first with the stock shock but i felt like i was starting to get damping fade..
I would use whatever your local tuning guy has the most experience with. The best equipment in the world isn't worth a dollar if you can't get it setup properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in