Gen.4 ZX-10R: Ceramic Wheel Bearings - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 Old 02-13-2018, 08:24 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
I expect the higher sustained speeds at speed events give the ceramic bearings a slight edge as they dont expand so much as the steel balls when hot yes higher speed rating bearings are losser so when the steel expands it doesnt tighten so much.
...if your wheel bearings are getting hot enough to cause expansion clearance concerns, you likely have a much bigger problem.

At the end of the day, there are two ingredients in fast soup: increasing your power, or decreasing your resistance to acceleration. Low friction bearings would certainly fall into one of those categories. It requires exponentially more of each the faster you go.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 02-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I bought some low friction bearings for less than $100.00 Didn't make any difference because of the calipers/pads draggin' on the rotors.

post #43 of 46 Old 09-06-2018, 11:46 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I would like to replace Steering Bearing, a friend suggested me the All Balls Racing brand. Has anyone ever installed and used it can give me an feedback?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 Old 09-07-2018, 11:44 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
I bought some low friction bearings for less than $100.00 Didn't make any difference because of the calipers/pads draggin' on the rotors.

I find it curios people still get fooled by that useless test. That minor caliper drag when your spinning the wheel by hand with the wheel on a front stand isn't a valid test. When you have a 170+ HP pushing a 450 pound bike at triple digit speeds down the road, that caliper drag is as insignificant as your hand would be if you could reach down at triple digits speeds and try and pinch the rotor between your fingers. It would do nothing.

That's why when you do the wheel spin test on a front stand, take the calipers off.

Ceramic bearings work, or Land Speed Racers wouldn't use them. They work a little, maybe not a lot, but they do work.

Not sure why I am bothering to waste my time typing this, it will surely lead to a argument I am not willing to participate in.
post #45 of 46 Old 09-07-2018, 01:42 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Here's a video I took of the zx10r front wheel with ceramic bearings. Spins noticeably longer and it's also very quiet. As a mod for a street bike, this certainly would be a waste of money but if you want to gain an tiny edge on your competition in drag or road racing, then it might be worth it.

Boxtradamus likes this.
post #46 of 46 Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeath0212 View Post
I would like to replace Steering Bearing, a friend suggested me the All Balls Racing brand. Has anyone ever installed and used it can give me an feedback?
The AllBallz steering head roller bearing kit is great but you won't notice a difference on a ride. I put mine in because I do a lot of wheelies and expect that they'll last longer and stay adjusted longer than the factory ball bearings. After tightening my OME steering 2x I replaced them for the roller bearing kit and have only had to tighten them once in about the same amount of miles.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, geared (-1/+0), Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, Ohlins NIX30, Lightech adjusters. Bestem carbon. 50,000km+ and good so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in