Bridgestone R10's. Big bike to small. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-17-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Bridgestone R10's. Big bike to small.

I've been a bridgestone guy the past few years. I'd go back and forth between the 200 superbike slicks. Great tires IMO and suited me pretty nicely. I bought an MV Agusta F3 and turned it to a race bike over the winter. Naturally I looked strait to the R10's for my first race weekend at Roebling Road especially since I found a bad ass deal for 2 rears and a front. I had been out to a track day with the mv on street tires but I was basically getting a baseline suspension setup. Anyway I had a 25 minute race, and 2 sprints and my rear was TOAST. I almost high sided my last race and was happy just to bring her home. After speaking with the tire vendor he informed me that the EVO TYPE 3 compound wears quickly, which is what I had. I had never worn through a rear so quickly not even on my Zx10.

I equipped a type 2 medium on there for the next day and it held up well.

So anybody that's looking to get some R10 tires, I advise against the type 3 evo rear. Unless you're just qualifying or doing track days and not in the fast group.

Also, I'm struggling to get more confidence with the bike while leaned over. My assumption is that it's because the 180/55 rear and I'm coming from running big bike slicks. And advice on how to get that kind of feeling? I felt like a could slam my Zx10 on its side and never run out of tire. I know I need more seat time, but aside from that. Suspension settings.. I'm open to try other tires as well, or whatever. If you've ever gone from big bike to smaller, maybe you can relate. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1426614334723.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	314106   Click image for larger version

Name:	1426614694542.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	314114  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-17-2015, 01:04 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

Sounds like you need to play with geometry or something to possibly increase your lean over confidence. That or perhaps different damping. bridgestone tyres I've used are the 125gp slicks and those are incredible but completely different.

post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2015, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Are there any specific geometry tweaks that might do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

When are you gonna get rid of those Yellow plates!?
lol!

When are you moving back to Texas!?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-19-2015, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7HEVN View Post
When are you gonna get rid of those Yellow plates!?
lol!

When are you moving back to Texas!?
Haha right!

2012: Lost engine Before 2nd round. Should've never given it to NTSB after that. Got another engine at end of the year. Remember I was so pissed I converted my fireblade for a weekend? Lol

2013: Catastrophic crash in Houston. I got to run cresson in July then moved here in Sept.

2014: Ran the second round of the CCS Race out here. Did quite well but my transmission was shite..fixed it (you can see some of my previous threads) but the motor expired the next round I made :mad:.

I said SCREW IT and parted it out. Bought the MV Agusta brand new and here we are 2015. This will be the last year of that ugly yellow!

I'll probably leave here in September of this year. The cold just isn't for me.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Cool!
Good luck this season!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in